Cluster Bock | Ellicott Mills Brewing Company

Style: Bock

Added by claytri on 02-04-2006

Reviews by tgbljb:
3.8/5  rDev +35.2%

Poured a deep copper color with modest white head. Smell is fruity and malty and very pleasant to the nose. Taste is dominated by a fruity malt taste that was very refreshing. Finish is more sweetness with little presence of hops detected. A nice drinking beer with very no presence of alcohol detected.

2.29/5  rDev -18.5%

The beer poured a cloudy amber with an off white head. The aroma was overpoweringly sweet malt. The taste started with a mix of banana and vanilla then progressed to just way too much sweet malt. The feel was medium dry with a very sweet finish. After two really great beers this was very disappointing. It was just way to sweet and I had a hard time finishing it. If it's still available on my next trip I won't be helping them get rid of it.

1.44/5  rDev -48.8%

Wow the two beers I tried were horrible and I hope they can do something to improve as these drain pours will not inspire me to get anywhere near this place.

Brownish liquid flat and languishing. Stale beer that should not be served to paying customers. Smells of oxidized malt somewhat bock-ish, if that makes sense. I was only there breifly and didn't want to bother making a fuss. Hopefully they got the message when we left with the glass still near full and rolled out of there.

Cluster Bock from Ellicott Mills Brewing Company