Summer Solstice | Anderson Valley Brewing Company

Anderson Valley Brewing Company
avbc.com

Style: Cream Ale

Availability: Summer

Our Summer Solstice Seasonal Ale is a slightly sweet, malty session beer with a creamy mouth feel and clean finish. With hints of caramel in the nose and a touch of spice, it’s become affectionately known as “cream soda for adults”. The unique flavors and superior drinkability make for the ultimate refreshment on a hot summer day.

Added by xlperro on 05-09-2005

Ratings: 1,554 |  Reviews: 490

This is my own personal "Nectar of the Gods"...this beer is so delicious.

Appearance: Beautiful Dark Golden...like LIQUID GOLD
Smell: Sweet Freshness
Mouthfeel: Creamy Smoothness
Taste: Sweet Liquid Caramel & Delicious Honey-Baked Bread!
Drinkability: All Day, Every Day

The ONLY things wrong with this beer is that it's a "Summer Seasonal" only...which it makes it very hard to find in Florida when it's coming all the way from California & only being distributed for maybe 3 months...& it's a little pricey at $11-12 a 6-pk for an everyday drinker (which it most certainly is).

After buying all that was left at the end of the season in my area i only had 3 bottles left to hold me over until next summer...I went out of town on business & came back and my wife had drank them all! *Thank god I found (3) 6-pks that weekend in Orlando @Whole Foods & ON SALE! Bought them all of course!

Cream Ales are my favorite style because of THIS beer alone! Why is it so hard for other brewers to make a decent Cream Ale???

Deliciously smooth and creamy.. "Cream soda" flavor. Feels full but not heavy, thus a nice warm or cold weather beer for my taste. I wish I could have this more.

I cannot say enough about this brew!

This is my favorite beer of all time. This beer has an amazing mouth feel, and is extremely drinkable (beware ;) ). Anderson Valley did an excellent job getting the vanilla flavor and aroma to really come across. Even your non-craft beer friends are going to like this one. I wait for this beer every summer and do my best to find as many cases as possible (which usually isn't much unfortunately). For my other friends who love this beer, if you do buy cases, I have found that the taste was not affected even 10 months after purchase. I don't know why there aren't more cream ales as tasty as this one, then again, is that possible?!

4.99/5  rDev +36%

4.97/5  rDev +35.4%

It has a nice toasty brown Amber to it. The smell is superb and with hints of vanilla and caramel. The feel and taste resemble creamy caramel with vanilla present and carbonation. It definitely is overall a MUST HAVE!!

4.91/5  rDev +33.8%

I love this beer. Very well-balanced taste. What beer should taste like, to my way of thinking. Not too bitter, not too malty, nothing exotic or gimmicky, but certainly not bland and not watery. Nice body. Just right. Some people say it's a bit sweet or vanilla-y, but I'd emphasize that these are subtle qualities. Too many beers go to extremes these days. Like it's a contest to see which brewer can be the most novel, the most interesting. This beer shows how good it can be to be in the mainstream, IF it is done right. And this beer does everything right. I look forward to another of these and more from this brewer.

Summer Solstice from Anderson Valley Brewing Company