Summer Solstice | Anderson Valley Brewing Company

Anderson Valley Brewing Company
avbc.com

Style: Cream Ale

Availability: Summer

Our Summer Solstice Seasonal Ale is a slightly sweet, malty session beer with a creamy mouth feel and clean finish. With hints of caramel in the nose and a touch of spice, it’s become affectionately known as “cream soda for adults”. The unique flavors and superior drinkability make for the ultimate refreshment on a hot summer day.

Added by xlperro on 05-09-2005

Ratings: 1,554 |  Reviews: 490

I can't begin to describe how much I loath this beer.

Um, its basically a watered down juice drink. No carbonation. nasty off flavors. ugh. nothing is going good for this beer. this is the last straw for me and anderson valley. their beers all suck top to bottom. i'm done with them.

1.24/5  rDev -66.2%

I recently picked up some beer for a fellow BA while I was out of town and he asked me to pick him up a 6-pack of Summer Solstice Cerveza Crema. Well he offered to give me one when I gave them to him and who can turn down a free beer.

The beer poured a nice clear reddish, golden color. The head was very light, about 1" which quickly went away.

I found this to be more malty than I normally like. I also found it to also lack the hops.

Definitely nothing too special about this beer. To me it tasted like another BMC.

Overall it is not what I like or look for in a Summer beer.

Sadly enough, this turned into one of my first drain-pours I have had in a while.

1.32/5  rDev -64%

Bad bad Bad bad Bad bad

1.59/5  rDev -56.7%

Too sweet

1.74/5  rDev -52.6%

Pours a light layer of white head. Fades to a ring. Color is golden orange.

Aroma: Funky cheese. Some spice flavors, maybe nutmeg. Not much else.

Taste: Tastes like Barq's cream soda. Not much else though. Really, there isn't a lot going on here. Is this pop or beer?

Mouthfeel: Crisp. Light bodied with a high amount of carbonation. Ends dry.

Overall, I have no idea what to think about this beer. It smells bad and doesn't taste like beer at all. What were these guys trying to brew.

1.75/5  rDev -52.3%

1.75/5  rDev -52.3%

1.85/5  rDev -49.6%
look: 4 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 1.5

Bottle. Pours a clear copper color with a mostly white with light tan head. The aroma is....cheese, yes cheese, slightly like swiss. Oh good lord, I am not looking forward to tasting this. It taste like watered down cream soda. Medium mouthfeel. The flavor is not that great to say the least. I’m not sure what they were shooting for on this one. Slightly sweet start. Ends with a linger cream soda flavor. No lace, but some head retention.

1.89/5  rDev -48.5%

Luckily this was free because I wouldn't buy it

1.93/5  rDev -47.4%

1.99/5  rDev -45.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

On tap at Ethereal Brewing in Lexington KY. 5 oz. glass as part of a beer flight.

I didn't like this one at all. Taste: watered down overall. The finish had an odd taste that hinted at watered down Hersey's chocolate syrup. If I had made this as a homebrew I would have considered it a failure. Apparently somebody makes it on purpose.

Summer Solstice from Anderson Valley Brewing Company