Honey Blonde Ale | Cally's Restaurant and Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Cally's Restaurant and Brewing Co.
Virginia, United States
callysbrewing.com

Style: American Blonde Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 10-12-2004

Reviews by mmmbeer:

My roommate picked up a growler of this. Pours a - you guessed it - honey blonde hue with a creamy 2 finger head that leaves slight lacing. Smells of malts with a little bit of hops. Tastes malty/sweet with just enough hops (12 IBUs) and feels very nice in the mouth. I could probably drink several if I bought my own growler. Great at the temperature I drank it at but probably not as smooth when colder. It is better than I expected, having heard that it is not one of their best beers, but I could see this being a nice session brew.

3.75/5  rDev -2.6%

Appearance- I like this beer maybe because it is the only beer in this place that did not look like soda. It has a nice gold colored body with a straw like hue. The head and lace were just over a finger and a slightly creamy color.

Smell- It was sweet but at the same time crisp and citrus like.

Taste- Light and refreshing, sweet but with some hops just to bitter it out a pinch.

Mouthfeel- Thin and watery.

Drinkability- Not bad I could knock back a few of these.

3.75/5  rDev -2.6%

Honey Blonde Ale from Cally's Restaurant and Brewing Co.