Bumble Berry Honey Blueberry Ale

Rotating
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Good
Bumble Berry Honey Blueberry AleBumble Berry Honey Blueberry Ale
Notes: Brewed with fresh harvested spring honey and infused with fresh blueberries. A light, refreshing ale with a nice blueberry aroma, crackery malt flavors, a hint of sweetness and a refreshing blueberry finish.
Reviews: 109 | Ratings: 733
Reviews by woodychandler:
4.09/5  rDev +9.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Today marks the occasion of NBS (Week 714) with the theme of New Fat Rusty Head Rail Sunday! Things are progressing nicely with this being my third (!) of the day. Hey, once I get started, I want to see it through until I either a) have to go to work (I just got the day off) or b) feel a nap coming on. I am like a cat as I have grown older. I sleep kinda soundly during the night, but I take frequent naps during the day to revive & refresh myself. I am a retired US Navy veteran & we learned early on not to take chow or sleep for granted, getting either/both in when & wherever possible. I have slept standing up, atop live ammo (!), wedged into the overhead or underneath storage racks atop bubble wrap & various other spots so that now, I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat.

From the Bottle: "Brewed with fresh harvested spring honey stolen from some very angry bees (we have the welts to prove it) and plump blueberries creating a refreshing ale with a delicious blueberry aroma, crackery malt flavors, a hint of sweetness and a clean blueberry finish. Chill Out Man, Have A Beer! [undersigned] Matt * Chris * Glenn"; "AWARD WINNING MOST REFRESHING BEER IN AMERICA - BREWING NEWS GLOBAL WARMING OPEN".

Hmm. Only 13 IBU. I want MORE! I settled for a Pop! of the cap & a C-Line pour. This, in turn, resulted in the formation of just over a finger of fizzy, foamy, bone-white head with moderate retention that left a modicum of lacing in its wake. Color was solid Amber (SRM = > 7, < 9) with NE-quality clarity. Nose smelled strongly of both honey & blueberry, but it was really sweet, almost like syrup. Hmm. Mouthfeel was medium. The taste, while absolutely of blueberry, was not as sweet as the nose had led me to expect. Instead, it had a slight tartness that worked well with the honey which became more assertive as it warmed. Finish was semi-sweet, not out of control or cloying like some that I have tasted. It was a pleasant drink, but it really wasn't my cuppa tea. YMMV.

4.07/5  rDev +9.1%

This one is a clear dark yellow-gold. It forms an off-white head that initially rises to a strong two fingers in height and leaves a thick foam when it recedes. The head that remains drops a good amount of sticky lacing in patches all the way down.
Blueberry is strong off the nose, pouring out of the bottle before I empty it into my glass. That said, for as strong as the blueberry is I have no problem picking out the crackery dry malts that lay down a firm backbone. The blueberry is fresh and there's just enough of a light herbal hops note to this beer to add an element without distracting.
This is one of the better fruit beers out there as far as how flavorful it is, how natural it is, and how all of the different notes integrate together. The blueberry, dry malts and light hops work very nicely. Malts are very wheat-like. I have to give an edge to the aroma only because I get just a hint of graininess coming underneath into the finish.
This is a light ale, and the body is appropriate for the style. It's also pretty smooth. There's something about how the play between the crispness and the herbal dryness, both fine in themselves, seems a little funny to me. I think it may be that they both linger into the finish and, while either by itself is good, there's an interesting sort of clash happening ever so slightly.

4.85/5  rDev +30%

Pours into glass with a foamy head. Clear and light straw color. Taste is light and fruity, with hint of honey and blueberry. Not overwhelmingly sweet. Mouthfeel is not terribly bubbly.
One of my favorite beers.

3.98/5  rDev +6.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.51/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.67/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Okay fruit beer

3.25/5  rDev -12.9%

3.98/5  rDev +6.7%

4.25/5  rDev +13.9%

4.13/5  rDev +10.7%

3.81/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.35/5  rDev +16.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Just got this in a trade recently, and I reallllyyy enjoyed it. The blueberry is very pronounced in the smell and taste. The honey adds to the great flavor. I expected this beer to be very sweet, but they were able to pull of the blueberry/honey combo without that being an issue whatsoever. Wish I had more than one bottle of this. Go try it!

look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

4.1/5  rDev +9.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

From the bottle: Golden yellow..slight cloudiness. Head lasted to the end w/good lacing. Flavors of blueberry, honey, and wheat. Smooth and meaty on the palette w/ no bitterness. Balanced more toward the sweeter notes. Overall a good pour. Will keep this one in stock. Worth the coin.

3.74/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Pours a clear amber. Silky head. Slight honey aroma. Pretty mild taste. Not a lot of blueberry or honey. Could be maltier. An average blueberry ale.

4.75/5  rDev +27.3%