Collaborative Evil | Fat Head's Brewery & Saloon

fatheadscleveland.com

Style: Belgian Strong Pale Ale

Added by adamette on 08-22-2009

3.82/5  rDev -10.3%

Had this on tap at Fat Head's in Pittsburgh. Served in a white wine glass.

This was a good beer, but it didn't stand out. I'd liken it to a sterotypical Belgian strong. Appearance was awful, but it was mainly the bartender's fault. It came with no head whatsoever. Clove and Belgian yeastiness in both the nose and taste, but it was rather subdued. Spritzy carbonation and very smooth. Overall, pretty good, but doesn't stand out.

3.0 A
3.5 S
4.0 T
4.0 M
4.0 D

4.13/5  rDev -3.1%

poured into a snifter with a nice fluffy white head.bright golden orange color.nice phenolic scent in the nose,as well as some orange peel.nice spicy yeast flavor,phenolic medicinal notes,as well as some banana esters.nice peppery and slightly bitter and dry finish.no alcohol whatsoever.very nice.easy drinking and refreshng.

really nice brew,i'd pick this up again.worth seeking out.

4.52/5  rDev +6.1%

Growler purchased for an amazingly low $15 (it was not a refill) at the brewery this past Saturday, 9 26 09. Poured into my DFH pint glass.

A A absolutely HUGE head that I was glad to see since I kind of questioned how fresh that it might be (I know, only 3 days later but they recommended drink it within 24 hours...it makes me wonder if they do that to "cover" themselves in case of skunking. Anyway body is a translucent yellow with brown hues. Nice head and lacing help this look from the growler, 3 days later. 4.0

S Love the candy malt sweetness and Belgian yeast smell. 4.5

T Sublime combination of the Belgian yeast, malts create a wonderful, grainy sweetness that I think is not easy to achieve. The taste of this beer makes it the best that Fat Heads has to offer in my opinion (even it is really from many breweries). 4.5

M Somewhat thin, but made moderate by high ABV, significant malt and yeast tastes. The feel is really right on target for the style. 4.0

D Well, I drank ½ the growler before I knew it. That is about my limit (about 3 beers) so yes, the drinkability is very good. 4.0

4.85/5  rDev +13.8%

Great beer. I have had a lot of beers and this one, by far is the best. Up in Cleveland on business and stopped in here on a recommendation. I'm not sure on how to grade with your mouth smell feel stuff but this is a damn good beer. I wish they sold this in Columbus.

Collaborative Evil from Fat Head's Brewery & Saloon