Vienna Lager | Fat Head's Brewery & Saloon

Style: Vienna Lager

Added by WVbeergeek on 06-08-2012

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 4
4.47/5  rDev +5.9%

I have had a few Vienna Lagers and this is by far my favorite. Its not only my favorite Vienna but is one of my favorite beers I have had in my short craft beer drinking career. Wish this came in bottles as i would love to have it as my daily.
Great smell like most Fat Head brews: sweet, bready.
Taste: Caramel, wheaty with slight toasted flavor, light spice, hops take a back seat.
Feel: Light, refreshing, smooth.

4.3/5  rDev +1.9%

Dead on style wise, up there with the best of any Vienna Style lager I've come across. Color is a nice amber/crimson hue with a slightly off white light beige head, forms fine layers of even lacing down the sides of the 0.5 liter German style glasses they were using at the brewpub. Aroma has light noble hop earthiness/spicy herbal qualities, but the Vienna toasted malts reign supreme. This is a perfect drinkable lager, massive flavor breadiness, toasted malts bring out hints of caramel/toffee. Not overdone in anyway reserved, pungent spice, nice interplay between Noble hops and a complex malt profile yet clean and refreshing. Mouthfeel was medium to lighter bodied even sturdy flowing carbonation nothing off on the mouthfeel, finished clean semi dry without any rough spots. Perfect drinking beer melded perfectly with my pastrami headwich I was eating, excellent standout beer of the night.

Vienna Lager from Fat Head's Brewery & Saloon