Fischer Tradition Amber | Brasserie Fischer / Fischer Biere d' Alsace

Style: Euro Dark Lager

Added by kbub6f on 08-22-2001

2.9

1.76/5  rDev -39.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

A - A finger of slightly off white head - slight brown. Foam sticks around for a bit. The body is clear and a nice amber color. Not a bad looking beer.

S - Mostly just lager yeast. Some wood, slight orange/lemon citrus, and a little Corona funk.

T - Get it out. Gym sock, some bitter malts, and very vegital.

M - There is something that makes my tongue tingle a little, but not in a good way. It's like the beer is trying to kill my taste buds so I can't tell how bad it is. Otherwise, good carbonation which holds up a weaker body.

O - I can't believe I used to drink this stuff. Well, not Fischer's specifically, but I'm sure if I would have tried this five years ago I would have told you that's how beer should taste. No it's not. I was just looking for a flip-top bottle.

2.91/5  rDev +0.3%

Poured from a bit above a glass gives this beer a big white head that dies into a thin off white lacing above a clear honey copper colored beer.

A lightly roasted grain malt aroma without much else if anything else coming through.

A light roasted caramel malt taste with almost a slightly burnt quality.

The light caramel taste follows through in a light dry aftertaste on this medium bodied beer.

For a light caramel malt taste I do believe there are about 5000 beers that would better qualify, yet I have only had maybe a hundred of them. I guess I better do some work.

1.75/5  rDev -39.7%

3.75/5  rDev +29.3%

3.03/5  rDev +4.5%

Served in a free McDonald's Coca-Cola glass. ;)

Has a really nice copper penny color. Not terribly vigorous pour yields a solid head with good retention that leaves pretty nice lacing. Aroma is all right, some malt, some light hops but nothing very special. At worst it could be called slightly chemical. Flavor is not overpowering in any way. Hops and malt have a pretty nice balance with a finish that isn't at all objectionable.

Overall a good beer that is very drinkable. It isn't going to wow anybody but I'd drink it if it was put in front of me again.

4.18/5  rDev +44.1%

When I opened the bottle got a nice aroma. Nice smooth taste and nice even taste on my palet. I would recommend this to any beer drinker.

I received a 30 beer from around the world from my mom. So far so good and I will definetly rate all of them as I drink them.

2.85/5  rDev -1.7%

A- Clear, light amber, well carbonated.

S- Bland, uneventful.

T- Sweet and fruity, but a little watery and not too complex.

M- Watery, light.

O- Are you sure this is a lager? The bottle says Ale and it tastes fruitier than a typical lager. That said, not bad or offensive, but not one to get again. There's a reason France is known for a great many things, but not beer.

Pours an amber color. Slight head, minimal lacing, both dissipated quickly.

The smell was actually really bad. Didn't smell malt or hops, it really smelled like metal and water.

Taste was light. Malts and a slight sweethness. Kind of watery. Taste was below average and not very good. Very easy to drink though.

Thought it was kind of flat and dry on the tongue.

Really, not much good to say here. It didn't taste offensive and wasn't hard to drink, but it had no balance at all and it was kind of hard to drink 14oz of this because the flavor was so bland. Not quite as bad as a typical macro lager, but pretty close. I would have to imagine the IBU of this beer would be in the teens. I had never heard anything positive about the French and beer, and this beer shows why pretty clearly. It just wasn't good at all. Not drain pour bad, but certainly not good enough to visit again.

4.25/5  rDev +46.6%

3.25/5  rDev +12.1%

4.75/5  rDev +63.8%

4.48/5  rDev +54.5%

I ordered this beer not knowing what I was getting. When it was brought to me it was in a swing top bottle. 5/26/12

I thought it had a strange smell at first but the aroma became smoother after tasting it. It had a very light amber color and it produced a nice amount of head.

I enjoyed this beer very much.

3.25/5  rDev +12.1%

3.5/5  rDev +20.7%

2.88/5  rDev -0.7%

Pours a clear amber with a medium off-white head with some light lacing. Aroma and Taste is sweet lightly toasted caramel malt and grains, some yeast, fruity, light grass notes and light bitterness. Palate is a medium body, crisp with good carbonation. Finishes with sweet lightly toasted caramel malt and grains, some grassy notes, fruity with some light bitterness. Overall an ok brew, crisp and refreshing.

4.75/5  rDev +63.8%

3.42/5  rDev +17.9%

Stubby oversized bottle with swing top. Served in a pint glass. Code LO309E. Sampled 11/18/11.

A: Pours with 2 fingers of foamy head, off-white in color, that fizzes away leaving a lumpy, crater-filled cap as it recedes. A soapy film is left in its wake. The body is exceptionally clear and very light amber orange in color. A spare smattering of lace is left behind.

S: Malt dominant - or rather, little to no detectable hops. Generic grains with faint toasted aromas of cereal and caramel. Off-putting metallic notes throughout.

T: I'm not going to lie, the taste is A LOT better than I expected given the aroma. And I think most of the 'C' rating is a little unfair. This beer has clean flavor with a light fruity sweetness. It's actually pleasant and extremely easy to drink.

M: Medium-light body with a more substantial mouthfeel than anticipated, probably due to the prolonged fizziness on the tongue - lively and fizzy. Moderate sweetness.

O: My experience was more enjoyable than the collective BA opinion. I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought this beer was half-decent.

3.5/5  rDev +20.7%

nice 22 ounze bottle with a swingtop poured into a pint glass amber color, off white head. smells of floral hops. tastes nice and smooth, A little on the sweet side, could use more bitterness. good smooth mouthfeel with good carbonation. overall a very drinkable good amber beer. very simple with nothing offensive about it. I would buy it again..

Fischer Tradition Amber from Brasserie Fischer / Fischer Biere d' Alsace