Hoppelganger Double IPA | Rockbottom Bar & Brewery

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by lgmol on 03-03-2013

Reviews by lgmol:
4.82/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Appearance: Served in a pint glass. Looks maybe a little bit darker than your standard IPA, with a full white head that lasts a long time.

Smell: Wow! I could tell my beer was coming before I turned around to see the server. Major hop presence, with citrus and passionfruit clearly detectable.

Taste: This is a double IPA and it delivers on the hops. The alcohol is present but not overpowering. As Rock Bottom claims, this beer has a really long finish, with notes of citrus and big bitterness.

Mouthfeel: No complaints here. A full-bodied DIPA for sure.

Overall: This is the best beer that I've had at Rock Bottom, and also one of my favourite IPAs, period. I would drink this again and again.

Description from rockbottombrewpub.ca:

Our Double IPA has excellent malt balance with a mind-bending fresh hop presence and aroma of floral, citrus, spice and pine. Brewed with Amarillo, Columbus, Citra and Simcoe hops. Finishes long with a pleasant, lingering bitterness. Excellent accompaniment with spicy foods & red meats.

8.0% ABV / 100+ IBUs (245 calculated)

3.5/5  rDev 0%