O.P. (Sole Composition Series) | Upright Brewing Company

Upright Brewing Company
Oregon, United States
uprightbrewing.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Stout aged in both whiskey and Pinot noir barrels.

Added by graymoment on 02-17-2013

Reviews by graymoment:
4.5/5  rDev +8.7%

I purchased 2 bottle at the brewery. It says "bottle # 40 of 250" on the back, so it's a very limited production. It's described as a "whiskey and wine barrel aged stout." No ABV is given. This is part of the Sole Composition Series of beers.

I have yet to open a bottle so tasting notes would not be helpful at this point. It wasn't listed as a beer on Beer Advocate, so I thought I would add it. When I open my bottle I'll make sure to come back here and edit my review with proper notes. Cheers.

3.75/5  rDev -9.4%

4.25/5  rDev +2.7%

4.47/5  rDev +8%

Thank you, Brian. Bottle 75 of 250.

Pouring black with dark brown highlights, there's a tan head that's got good retention and nice lacing. The nose is fantastic. Roasted grain, caramel, toffee, oak, buckwheat honey, plenty of red wine, and a mild lactic character are present.The palate is a blend of milk chocolate, a mild Brett acidity (a touch of lactic acid too) and modest funk. The funk and the chocolate pair marvelously. Vinous fruitiness, juicy and delectable. Excellent stuff.

4.16/5  rDev +0.5%