Dorado Double IPA | Ballast Point Brewing Company

ballastpoint.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by DrewBeechum on 06-14-2003

Ratings: 2,913 |  Reviews: 693

I was looking for a solid double IPA when someone recommended this to me and I couldn't have been any happier. My only comment is AWESOME!!!

Well, maybe awesome isn't my only comment. It pours a hazy golden yellow and has that unique blend and balance of intense hops, strong alcohol while remaining smooth and drinkable. I am getting giddy just thinking about it. I could session this beer or just relax with a bomber. The only problem it doesn't come in a 12pk.

Wow. Off scents and sight, I'm already creaming over this beer. Fluffy white head stands tall above the brim of the glass atop a gorgeous and crystal clear newly refinished copper color. Pungent nose of tropical fruit and skunky hop resin! Papaya, pineapple, and sticky pine! Subtle notes of apricot and tangerine. Head just sticks to the glass. Super active beer with lots of visible carbonation.

Pure heaven. So much tropical fruit and not a touch of detectable alcohol.Same fruit flavors that are on the nose pass over the tongue. Sweet sticky honey and caramel like flavors only compliment the hops in the most amazing ways possible. Clean bitterness makes the beer not overly sweet. Lingering caramel covered tropical fruit in the mouth. The sweetness is offset by the bitterness so perfectly leaving nothing but delicious and balanced flavors in the mouth. The beer even has a slightly tannic quality. So incredibly balanced and smooth. Dangerously smooth! Why isn't this available in NJ year round and in 6 pack or 4 pack form!? I would pay 20 dollars a 6 for this! Pure brewing perfection.

This beer is burnt-orange/sunset amber in color. It has slight fruity undertones. When poured the beer has no head, with slight bubbles an intoxicating swirl pattern in the glass. All of this leads to nice legs in the glass and smooth viscoity...

The taste is very clean, very refreshing and very good. (Still need to drink another bottle in a few months and see if the taste improves like I hope/plan it will)

The beer itself has a very light mellow mouthfeel, with a crisp, intial hoppiness in the beginning with a nice smooth finish.

With a 9.1% ABV this beer is still very smooth and satisfying.

Well I use to do the full review thing but it just got a bit to old so here is what I have to say about this Ballast Point Beer.
I currently live in Boston MA. which is drinking city, and went back to San Diego to work on my friends airplane. After I was done I found the local liquor store to buy a beer and since Ballst point is a west coast and San Diego thing and hard to get on the east caost I got this with my take out dinner and it was the best beer I have ever had, and trust me I have been all over the world, this beer is the best I have had soo far, so try it and judge for yourself.

Absolute perfection. I can't praise it enough!

Dorado Double IPA from Ballast Point Brewing Company