Indra Kunindra | Ballast Point Brewing Company

Indra KunindraIndra Kunindra

Ballast Point Brewing Company
ballastpoint.com

Style: Foreign / Export Stout

Indra Kunindra is a burst of madras curry, cumin, cayenne, coconut, and kaffir lime leaf. Enjoy!

Our India-style Export Stout is a unique collaboration with award-winning home brewer Alex Tweet. Released in limited quantities, this explosion of South Asian flavors is reason enough to kneel down and thank the heavens. And further proof of San Diego's status as a brewer's playground, and a beer lover's utopia.

Added by HopHead84 on 06-06-2011

Ratings: 1,259 |  Reviews: 304

This beer is amazingly creative. Big bold flavors work well together and come through in well defined layers. Some of these haters should just stick with their Bud Light.

Limited Release INda Style Export Stout... Fantastic. Best beer in a long time.

4.95/5  rDev +31%

As someone who loves big and complex flavor, this beer is unrivaled. I typically gravitate toward hard-hitting, aggressively citrus-y IPAs, but I have never been as wowed by a beer as I was by the Indra Kunindra. 10/10 would beer again.

4.9/5  rDev +29.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.88/5  rDev +29.1%

Pours a deep black with a nice tan head. Smell is of curry spices upfront and a bit of roasted malt on the back. The taste starts off with a nice sweeter stout taste but immediately turns into curry spice. As you breath it in, the curry becomes dominant and makes for one of the more interesting spiced stouts I've ever had. Feel is very good but just a tiny bit thin for me - a tiny bit only though.
Overall, a fantastic CURRY stout (you must like curry) and one to definitely try on its own or with some Indian food.

4.88/5  rDev +29.1%

I. AM. IN. LOVE.

I can't get enough of a thick chewy stout and quite frankly anytime threatens my pallet I know I'm in for a good time. I purchased the flight of the three main pallet wreckers and went to town trampling my pallet into a stringent submission between the curry, the ginger and the chipotle. Of the three Indra Kunindra was the heavy weight. Not only was it thick and chewy the way I like my stouts it was hotter that the Red thai curry I had not only an hour beforehand. This was my first time at Ballast point and rest assured it will not be the last. Amazing. Why I can't buy a growlerfull is beyond me, it's as though they know I will misuse it somehow?
HOW DO THEY KNOW!? How!

*Also, bring your pets and bring food. ... Preferably Thai. You wont be disappointed.

*Oh yes, and bring me. I'll be needing more Indra Kunindra to smother all over my body.

Indra Kunindra from Ballast Point Brewing Company