Tripel Karmeliet | Brouwerij Bosteels

Tripel KarmelietTripel Karmeliet

Brouwerij Bosteels
bestbelgianspecialbeers.be

Style: Belgian Tripel

3 grains - barley, wheat, oat. Styrian hops.

View: Beers
Ratings: 4,301 |  Reviews: 1,375
4.5/5  rDev +5.1%

4.64/5  rDev +8.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Poured into a tulip glass from a 11.5/12 oz bottle

A - Really nice golden copper, 1 plus finger frothy bright white head and slight sticky legs

S - bright citrus, earthy hops, sweet grains and malts, over ripe fruits, sweet yeast and a slight awesome funk

T - sweet, funky citrus (really awesome), over ripe bananas, citrus hops, sweet grains and malts, sweet booze and nice sweet green earth.

M - medium full body, nice balance, great complexity, medium carbonation and medium acidity

D - Really great beer and not at all what I expected. It was near perfect and what I always want when I pick up a Belgium Tripel. Near full body, sweet, yeasty, boozey and a slight funk (which I love) and it just made me happy in general. Paired well with veggie rice and asian chicken.

Final Thoughts - I have no idea the price as it was a gift, the ABV at over 8% is awesome and, I am very hopeful to try this on tap one day.

4.01/5  rDev -6.3%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A little too hoppy (?) for my unsophisticated palate. But I liked the look and smell of this beer. Overall, I was expecting (perhaps incorrectly) something a little more fruity.

4.29/5  rDev +0.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I love it when I grab a beer off the shelf, not thinking much of it, just grabbing it cause it looked interesting/nice/I-liked-the-wording/etc and then it turns out to be something oh so special...

This was such a great find, I just wish I could remember where I purchased it from. Anyway, it looks gorgeous in the glass with nice yellow and orange colorations, it has a decent head (though thin), and no lacing. The smell is what actually got me hooked. It was unique. I haven't come across a fruity smelling beer that was just that - fruity smelling with a hint of sweetness that tingled my toes. Mouthfeel was carbonated but so crisp, so juicy on the tongue that I overlooked the carbonation. The juiciness translated perfectly to the taste and blended well with the high ABV. Though I could still pull out the alcohol it didn't overpower the rest of the fruity and even tangy nature of the beer. Overall, this is a very well made beer, one of the better offerings from its stated style.

3.97/5  rDev -7.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

4.41/5  rDev +3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Much like the famous three grains used to brew Tripel Karmeliet (oats, barley, and wheat), the three components of this beer come together to perform a perfect ménage a trois. The aromas, deep and complex, greet you with a sweet bouquet of jasmine. When you slip past the soft-as-a-feather shroud of foam, you discover that the body is as smooth as silk. And once you taste the delicate balance of sweet and tart fall fruits, the lingering impression of a well-stocked spice rack, and the perfectly contrasting bite of hops, you’ll always want to come back for more...

4.24/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

4.19/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Not much smell-wise, but wow, the carbonation! Spicy but not astringent. Flowery and citrust, although neither is too forward. One of my favorite Belgians.

4.46/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.27/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.19/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

3.9/5  rDev -8.9%

4.21/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.07/5  rDev -4.9%

4.65/5  rDev +8.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Very nice belgian beer,with a big foam, spicy taste with coriander, and fruits. Maybe a tiny bit too sweet for my taste, but
easily became one of my favourite belgian beers.

4.25/5  rDev -0.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.89/5  rDev -9.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Very nice, but all I have to compare it to is the American Coppertail brewing, Unholy Tripel. I think I actually prefer the Coppertail to this one. This one feels more carbonated, doesn’t smell as nice and is not as fruity as the Unholy Tripel. That being said , this one might be more authentic but I would have to admit ignorance on my part.

4.3/5  rDev +0.5%

The look is a golden color with a great white foamy head.
The smell is fresh and clean not hoppy. The taste is smooth and slightly dry. The wash
Is a little stronger as it lingers in your mouth. The feel is a combination of creamy foam
And thirst quenching gold liquid. A very satisfying brew.

4.31/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Poured from a 750 mL into a goblet.

Look - Pours a hazy light gold with a pillowy white head. Definitely looks Belgian.

Smell - Banana, apples, clove, cinnamon, coriander, black pepper, and a slight bit of dankness. A warm spicy fruit cocktail bouquet.

Taste - Even more fruity and baking spice than the smell. Adds on pear, allspice, and nutmeg to the scents it was carrying.

Feel - Medium bodied with a present but not in-your-face carbonation. Dry on the tongue but doesn't linger long.

Overall - A very tasty Belgian brew. As somebody who really enjoys Belgian ales, this is now a worthy member of my favorites club.

Of all the beers that I have ever drunk, this is by far the best, so what other rating could I give it but a 5

4.27/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Cloudy golden. Very carbonated. Aromas of bread and belgian funk. Very carbonated and a bit thin in the mouth feel. Spicy flavor (peppery, like a farmhouse) hits me up front. Alcohol completely hidden. For me, an exceptionally drinkable Belgian ale,

Tripel Karmeliet from Brouwerij Bosteels