Tripel Karmeliet | Brouwerij Bosteels

Tripel KarmelietTripel Karmeliet

Brouwerij Bosteels
bestbelgianspecialbeers.be

Style: Tripel

3 grains - barley, wheat, oat. Styrian hops.

Added by kbub6f on 04-27-2001

#599

Ratings: 4,165 |  Reviews: 1,340

3.75/5  rDev -12.4%

4.4/5  rDev +2.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

From the bottle into a snifter

A: a lovely hazy golden with a fantastic 3 finger head that sticks around for quite a while. When it does break down there is a small pinky finger layer of foam left behind.

S: Sweet fruits and Belgian yeast. Banana.

T: fruity, bananas again, the yeast profile is there, and the cloves.

M: Medium carbonation, leaning toward a full fantastic body.

O: a fantastic tripel. Karmeleit meets all the criteria for a fantastic beer. Perhaps it is one of the best tripels I have had, and it is a great way to celebrate life, which is why I am drinking it today. To me there is nothing better than that full Belgian yeast profile...it screams happiness, and this beer brings it.

4.75/5  rDev +11%

4.41/5  rDev +3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

A - Poured slowly into a goblet and still produced a huge head. Plenty of active carbonation keeps the head going for a very long time. Nice lacing on the sides of the glass. The beer is a hazy, straw color.

S - Not quite as potent as I expected, but all the characteristic tripel scents are here. Light clove, banana, and a bit of lemon grass.

T - Whereas I like the smell of my beer to be a bit overstated, I am beginning to like the flavors to be understated, and this beer nails it. It follows the nose, and all the flavors are subtle, but clearly defined. All of them work quite well together.

M - Oh this is about as close to perfect as you can get. Not fizzy, but the beer really expands to fill your mouth with a soft, velvety presence. It's pillowy. Love it.

O - Great beer! Wish I had the whole one to myself, but unfortunately I specifically bought this one for my wife. I'll grab another for myself some day for sure, and I recommend that you do the same.

3.75/5  rDev -12.4%