Greene King IPA | Greene King / Morland Brewery

greenekingbeers.co.uk

Style: English Bitter

Added by brewdlyhooked13 on 04-22-2007

1.13/5  rDev -63.8%

Crap beer, tastes and smells like weak cider. It's an insult to call this cheaply made, underhopped, skunky beer an IPA.

1.5/5  rDev -51.9%

1.5/5  rDev -51.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.75/5  rDev -43.9%

1.75/5  rDev -43.9%

1.85/5  rDev -40.7%

I flew to London and got this?!? Seriously?!?

This is a bad beer and an awful IPA. I dumped it in the street and got something different.

My first home brew in college was substantially better than this.

No hop smell or taste. Very malty. Sort of like Lillian's Irish red.

Avoid

1.98/5  rDev -36.5%

Got it from England.

A - Ruby reddish color,with almost not any foam. Lots of bubbles.
S - Very poor,nothing exited.
T/M - Can't feel anything because of huge unpleasant carbonation. Some bitterness in the aftertaste. Watery taste. As i drink some cheap supermarket beer.

O - So,ether this beer is really bad,ether something was wrong with this bottle i got. Huge disappointed for this beer. It said on the bottle so many positive things,so this IPA must be much,much better then it is. Also,where is IPA taste in it?
I know what i drink,and this is so bad.

2.04/5  rDev -34.6%

Worst example of an IPA I have ever tried. Ever!Watery and tasteless. Not worth tasting.

2.07/5  rDev -33.7%

I was on a layover at Heathrow and was in the mood for a nice, hoppy IPA. What I got instead was this. I knew something was off when I could barely smell any hops. My first taste convinced me they pulled the wrong beer. I sent it back and watched them pull another. It was the same. It's not an awful beer, but it is an awful "IPA."

Overall, meh. I would not come back to this well again.

2.11/5  rDev -32.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Bottled
Light brown body with some white foam
which I had to work hard to produce
The aroma is precraft bitter, some stewed hop & brewing copper
this is the taste I would expect from a budget supermarket cannned bitter
thinner than Kate Moss after a month of the trots

2.15/5  rDev -31.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Lacking everything but the ability to fill the bladder. Would possibly drink again if dehydrated. Forgettable.

2.24/5  rDev -28.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

A fairly average mass produced pint.not too heavily hopped.ok for a sandwich and a pint in the pub at lunchtime but nothing special

2.29/5  rDev -26.6%

2.29/5  rDev -26.6%

Poured chestnut / mahoganey hue, perfectly clear. One finger off-white head quickly settled and left a thin, disappearing surface coating with a fading ring. No lacing and lazy carbonation. Smell was grassy, musky, hint of malt but mostly absent. Very little by way of hops, some malt, bitterness front and centre but with an astringent metallic cloying thud lingering in a non-favourable way. Overall impression not very good. The label says to be drunk with spicy foods like curries and that's not a bad idea as it might overshadow some deficiencies in the brew. Least favourite of the three I've had from this brewery so far.

2.3/5  rDev -26.3%

I poured this from the can into a pint glass, with a relatively strong pour, which only produced about a half an inch thick head that dissipated very quickly into fine lacing. The body of this brew is copper in color, and quite filtered.

The aroma is dominated by hops, which seems slightly lemony to me.

The taste is leathery and watered down. There is a sligth hop bite in the end, but nothing like a good old American version of this brew.

This beer is nothing one needs to seek out. It's so watery and weak. I almost gave this a 1 in the taste category, until I just saw it is classified as a bitter. That's what I would've initially thought based off taste. I don't know why it's labeled with IPA.

2.31/5  rDev -26%

From carrefour. In Ikea's pint glass. After dinner. Really smoothness feel and nice long-lasting. foam. However, I find it pretty odorless and tasteless. I cant say that ive enjoyed it more than a typical industrial lager. Has nothing of an IPA

2.33/5  rDev -25.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

2.35/5  rDev -24.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.75

I 'd thought I would like whatever IPA before I tasted this.

Greene King IPA from Greene King / Morland Brewery