Blueberry Wheat | The Ruddy Duck Brewery And Grill

Maryland, United States
ruddyduckbrewery.com

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Availability: Summer

Light, refreshing American style wheat beer infused with fresh blueberries.

Added by Momar42 on 08-24-2012

3.2

Reviews by Momar42:
3.26/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

On tap at the Duck into a standard pint glass

A - pours a murky pale yellow with no head (see 99% of my Duck beer reviews). To be completely fair this style doesn't usually generate much. Honestly not the most visually appealing pour.

S - wheat predominates but the blueberry is the there. Nothing complex but style appropriate I would say.

T - initial taste is all wheat with the blueberries coming thru towards the back end. Like the nose, not overly complex but easy to drink and the blueberry adds just enough to be noticeable.

M - medium. This drinks slightly fuller then some of my favorites in this category. Not bad per se, just of note I guess.

O - while suffering from the same flaws that most Ruddy Duck brews do (no head, poor aroma) this one gets slightly more of a pass due to the style. One I would revisit again during the summer months, just not one I would get real often.

2.96/5  rDev 0%
look: 1.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

2.96/5: Not great to me, but not quite as strange tasting as other gluten free brews

Blueberry Wheat from The Ruddy Duck Brewery And Grill