Saison Del Sol | Santa Barbara Brewing Company

3.4/5
Alströms:

Reviews by JayTheFinn:
3.26/5  rDev -4.1%

A - Cloudy yellow body that looks like grapefuit juice. No head.
S - No scent, or at least nothing I could distinguish. Very disappointing, although external smells could be to blame.
T - Super smooth. Just a nice mix of flavors with nothing standing out. Very unagressive flavor mix.
M - Super light.
D - As low as I rated this one in all the other categories, I find it to be amazingly drinkable. I think that's mainly due to the smoothness of the flavor.

3.05/5  rDev -10.3%

Appearance: Curiously served in a shaker pint (I guess that's all they have) and with a biker fill so no head at all, it was opaque, but it didn't really look troubled or yeasty, in fact I'm pretty sure it was filtered.

Smell: Not much registering except trace amounts of yeast and some green apple.

Taste: Tasted more like a wit rather than a saison, it had plenty of fruity flavors, mandarin oranges and nectarines, especially in the finish. And it wasn't carbonated enough for my taste (of a saison at least). It wasn't terrible, but passable.

3.84/5  rDev +12.9%

Nice golden colored beer, with no head. I think the bartender purposely poured the beer that way. I was also disappointed that it was served way too cold, in a pint glass. After it warmed up, it revealed a very plesant spicy and estery nose.... Nice use of corriander, and what seems to be lemon, and orange peel. The taste was favorfull, with fruit and spice dry, very little hops, and a slightly sweet finish. Very pleasant, and if served with the right co2 and glassware, I could drink this all day!

3.47/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Zero head and a 90% clean gold body meant average looks for me. Taste was mad sweet lime juicy, artificial and sickly sweet. However, the lime continued into the after, blending with the also noticeable hops, which was nice. But then the sweetness came back. Strong carbonation, felt way back in the throat.

Reminded me of a corona with 2 limes thrown in and a little body.

Disappointing saison. Felt like a too sweet lime lambic.

Saison Del Sol from Santa Barbara Brewing Company