A Tiny Beautiful Something | Maine Beer Company

A Tiny Beautiful SomethingA Tiny Beautiful Something

Maine Beer Company
Maine, United States
mainebeercompany.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

A tiny beautiful something showcases a new hop variety, El Dorado. We started playing around with this hop last year. We brewed a pilot batch with this hop exclusively and one with it blended with some of our other favorite Northwest varieties. In the end, we decided that the El Dorado had such a unique and interesting character on its own, so we decided to brew it as a “single hop” pale ale. The aroma and flavor offer intense candied orange and citrus zest. A touch of flaked oats provide a rounded, silky mouthfeel. And like our other hoppy offerings, tiny was brewed to finish dry and clean.

Added by RKing44 on 02-18-2014

Ratings: 1,234 |  Reviews: 201

Appearance: gorgeous bright citrus color with 3 finger head that is soft, luscious and pillowy.

Smell: Lots of tropical fruits, citrus, guava, pineapple, even a touch of proseco minerality.

Taste: medium-thick mouthfeel with bitterness playing a flavor dimension as opposed to making the beer "bitter". Not quite IPA like. more of an orange, tangerine feel. Alcohol is hidden too well.

I will have to say but I have had a lot of beers from the maine beer company portfolio and this is my favorite one without hesitation. The complexity, just the right amount of hoppiness, the clean finish is just absolutely unreal and unlike anything I have had in this category.

4.96/5  rDev +23.4%

So delicious. Reminds me of Lunch

4.94/5  rDev +22.9%

4.88/5  rDev +21.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

4.86/5  rDev +20.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I'm not very active here on BA, but I've been a user for a while and I've never felt compelled to really participate until now. For some reason this beer blew my mind. I had it in a bottle at Cecil in NYC. The name immediately became apparent after the first sip. The fleeting blossoming of hops somewhere in the middle just took my breath away and left me dying for more. Perfectly clean finish as well. Also, after sipping for a while it didn't lose any of that character.Some very good pales and ipas kinda lose their charm after a few sips, in my opinion.
I gladly ordered another $14 bottle, and would not hesitate to do so again if I come across it in the future. This was my first introduction to Maine Beer Co. and I'm looking forward to trying their other offerings!
Also will be keeping an eye out for these el Dorado hops.

Overall, the best beer drinking experience I've had in a while, and this is while sitting in the airport returning from visits to de cam and cantillion in Belgium.

-wy

4.85/5  rDev +20.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.84/5  rDev +20.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Man, what a refreshing beer on a warm, spring day. Grilling with a growler of this great ale was just about perfect. So clean, just like the other Maine Beer Company brews I have had the pleasure of tasting.

4.78/5  rDev +18.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Slight haziness to the golden hue, nice floral nose with a lovely soft, almost delicate mouth feel. Great citrus but incredible velvety zest, for some reason it came to mind that I was drinking lace...a tiny beautiful something lace. This edges out Lunch as my favorite by MBC.

4.77/5  rDev +18.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

4.75/5  rDev +18.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

4.75/5  rDev +18.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A Tiny Beautiful Something from Maine Beer Company