Peeper Ale | Maine Beer Company

Peeper AlePeeper Ale

Maine Beer Company
Maine, United States
mainebeercompany.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Our original hoppy American ale. Dry, clean, well-balanced with generous dose of American hops.

Added by ToasterChef on 07-30-2009

4.24/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.06/5  rDev -0.7%

4.12/5  rDev +0.7%

Probably my all time favorite beer period. everything from this place is amazing- it smells different and tastes fresher than any other brewery. I don't know their magic but I like it.

2.98/5  rDev -27.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

4.05/5  rDev -1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Picked this up a few weeks back at the Whole Foods on Houston St in New York City. I love all of Maine's beers and given that this was the last one I the shelf, I grabbed it excitedly! This was bottled on 9/8 and as soon as I poured it out, I could tell that this was fresh beer that was bottled as perfect as could be!

This poured, looked, and felt lively as the head was one of the most beautiful and longest-lasting that I had ever seen, as if a wave deposited it into my pint glass while I wasn't looking. Lots of big bubbles and lots of good lacing left as I worked my way through this, though the rings weren't even. The hue was a nice hazy gold without any sediment floating in it and there wasn't much of an aroma either except for some lemon notes. Smooth, slightly spicy, and with the mouthfeel of a biscuit, there was some sea salt in the back that paired well with the foam. Not a Gose but light enough to be one, this had to be the most unassuming American Pale Ale that I've had in ages, if not ever!

Not light enough to be a session beer, this begged for another serving once I finished off the last little bit in the bottle and swirled the yeast out. Not your typical example of this style, this was so dry that it was enjoyable in a subtle way. Great stuff from start to finish and a welcome change from one-dimensional hop bombs but this may let those looking for hops down a bit. If that's the case, then it's just more for those of us who loved this.

4.16/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

looks pretty sexy in the glass, always excited to drink a peeper. big fluffly head bringing a nice light aroma of lemon and a hint of pine. taste is pretty much the same. pretty light bodied and high carbonation is apparent. still, super refreshing and high quality brew!

4.61/5  rDev +12.7%

4.21/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.25/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.81/5  rDev -6.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Bright fresh citrus flavor. Kind of light but crisp. Hop level is reasonable enough for both the hop lover and the rest of us!

4.46/5  rDev +9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.06/5  rDev -0.7%

Not really my style but an obviously well made beer. Crisp, hoppy and very drinkable. Psyched to try more from these guys.

4.21/5  rDev +2.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.04/5  rDev -1.2%

2.95/5  rDev -27.9%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

3.84/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Pours a pale yellow straw like color. Has a watery citrus hop aroma. Flavor is bright and clean. Has a citrus hop profile but overall drinks pretty light. Not a bad beer but I prefer more of a hop profile in my beers

4.25/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.78/5  rDev -7.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

4.48/5  rDev +9.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

4.5/5  rDev +10%