Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Zoe | Maine Beer Company

Maine Beer Company
Maine, United States
mainebeercompany.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Our take on an American amber ale. Complex malt bill delivers notes of dark raisin, chocolate and biscuit. Copious additions of American hops yield notes of pine and citrus.

Added by deltatauhobbit on 12-03-2009

Ratings: 2,495 |  Reviews: 612

4.05/5  rDev -3.3%

Amber/red ale with plenty of hops that deliver a dry, fruity taste with a bit of floral as well. It pours a deep copper color with a big frothy head. It has medium thickness on the body and finishes with a sharp hop taste.
Maine Beer Company has climbed onto my "go to" list (when I can find it) and this is the first beer of theirs that I tried. Very flavorful and well-crafted. If you like dry ales, this is a good one.

4.75/5  rDev +13.4%

3.5/5  rDev -16.5%

3.75/5  rDev -10.5%

4.08/5  rDev -2.6%

a nice American amber here. the color is dark brick red, clear enough, but not letting a ton of light in. there is a huge oatmeal looking cream colored head with excellent retention and a certain sex appeal. the nose is dry red malts, and a whole lot of hops, especially for the style. there is basically no sweetness at all, which is the factor that always turns me off from these. this one is real hoppy, like a red ipa, with a lot of grapefruit and pine, really dense and robust, a very impressive ale. I like this side of red malt, its new, its sturdy, and its delicious. I would love to see more beers like this out there, I love its depth and careful yet aggressive hop complex. soft carbonation, full body, this appears to me as a fall beer, but I suppose its a heck of a drink around the calendar. maine beer company has impressed me so far, I am looking forward to the mean old tom ive got in the fridge, and anything else I can get my hands on from these guys.

4.14/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Zoe from Maine Beer Company