Zoe | Maine Beer Company

Maine Beer Company
Maine, United States
mainebeercompany.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Our take on an American amber ale. Complex malt bill delivers notes of dark raisin, chocolate and biscuit. Copious additions of American hops yield notes of pine and citrus.

Added by deltatauhobbit on 12-03-2009

Liked:
4.19/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 2,484 |  Reviews: 610

4.27/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.75/5  rDev -10.5%

4.43/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Bottled 3.24.14 poured into a glass

A: Unexpected...much darker than I imagined. A beautiful deep dark red with khaki head

S: pine/resin, breadiness, overall not getting a whole lot, but its about 8 weeks old and my allergies are flaring up :(

T: Excellent taste. Moderately bitter with zero alcohol. hit initially with a good malt backbone and fades to a drying piney hop bitterness.

M: Rather thick and creamy, not the prickly high carbonation I expected

O: I am extremely impressed by this beer. My first hoppy red ale, and hopefully not my last! We are fortunate to have just received some Maine Beer Company beers in SC in the last week, and I'm excited to try more. I had peeper and lunch when I visited their old brewery in Portland and enjoyed them immensely. In a four pack would be great, I could knock quite a few back on a warm SC summer day! If you can find it, seek these guys out, haven't disappointed yet.

4.3/5  rDev +2.6%

Darker then I expected it to be, Zoe pours dark brown with reddish highlights. Two finger khaki head. Good retention and lacing. Piney hop nose. Mouthwatering. Tastes so much better then it smells and thats saying something. Lighter then expected but not thin at all. I could drink this all night. Another Maine beer that should be sought out.

4.22/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Chilled, served in a tulip glass

A - pours a deep amber/brown, quite dark, lots of soft light brown head with good retention

S - citrus hops, complex malts - crackers and some raisin

T - good mix of hops up front with a solid malty, fruity backbone, follows the nose

M - very smooth, super drinkable

O - I will definitely seek this out again. Great first offering I've had from Maine Beer Co

Zoe from Maine Beer Company