Lunch | Maine Beer Company

Maine Beer Company
Maine, United States
mainebeercompany.com

Style: American IPA

Our “East Coast” version of a West Coast-style IPA. Intense hop flavors and aromas of tropical and citrus fruits and pine dominate. A subtle malt sweetness brings the beer into balance.

Lunch is a special whale that has been spotted off the Maine coast since 1982. She has what looks like a bite taken out of her fin, which adds to her unique character. We dedicate this beer to her determination and persistence.

Keep on swimming!

Added by Jason on 05-10-2011

#256

Ratings: 5,258 |  Reviews: 787

17oz bottle from Deciccos Ardsley, NY

bottled 9.15.2011, 5 days old.

A - Pours hazy dark orange with sizable pearl white head. Looks amazing. I cant wait to dive in.

S - Uh oh. Not getting much here Hops, malt. Not what I was expecting by any means. Nice but not amazing.

T - Same as the smell. Nice hops, malt, which I like (malty IPAs) but still a bit let down here.

M - Decent, malty, nice smooth finish.

D - High

I feel like I'm missing something here. Lots of praise for this beer but I dont see the hype. Glad I didnt trade for this one, good but not worth the hype for sure.

The appearance is a hazy brown colored body giving a half finger white head that lasted for at least a minute. Some slight bubbles were seen speckling the sides of my pint glass. There was barely any lacing. The smell was based around the pine and citrus with the hops pushing forward for a great combination. I smelled the alcohol once the beer warmed. The taste had a piney with a bitter hoppy edge and some citrus coming out in second place. On the palate it held about a sort of medium-ness balanced body somewhat between a wet and dry, somewhat sessionable - I could see this going with its respected food. Overall, this was a mostly impressive beer that I would definitely have again.

Lunch from Maine Beer Company