MO | Maine Beer Company

Maine Beer Company
Maine, United States

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Our first run at an American Pale Ale. Flavors and aromas of zesty citrus, passionfruit, and pine present themselves throughout. A very subtle malt sweetness for balance, but this is intended to finish dry.

Just after opening our brewery, working long nights, weekends, and still maintaining our day jobs, my brother Daniel (the brewer) had twins. Cheers to his courage and dedication to making better beer.

Added by BEERMILER12 on 02-29-2012

Ratings: 3,271 |  Reviews: 478
3.98/5  rDev -7.2%

Have had this a few times in bottle, but this review is on tap.

A: almost clear, golden-orange. Any translucence is more from color than contents. Good head, significant lacing - coverage sustains at thin 80-90% coverage of surface
S: a little sweet, mango mainly, far from overpowering in strength.
T: similar to nose, a pretty straightforward taste and beer. Crisp refreshing flavor (which I am growing to believe is the water they use). There is a light clay undertone that could also be construed as slightly watery.
M: very subtle dryness that hits the front of the tongue with a mildly metallic taste.
O: a thoroughly enjoyable beer from a great brewer. No match for some of their other brews, but I would offer this as a decent entry APA to a new craft drinker to see if they appreciate the smell and fruity/floral tastes that are present in many IPAs that pack a more bitter punch (if I felt they were worth the cost)

3.75/5  rDev -12.6%

3.5/5  rDev -18.4%

3.25/5  rDev -24.2%

3.25/5  rDev -24.2%

4.35/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Bought most of the beers that Maine Beer Co. was offering this past Fall with plans to do a tasting with six of my BA Buddies. But I wound up drinking them all with a couple of my beer buddies who attended my annual New Year's Party. Tasted Peeper Ale, Another One, Zoe, Mean Ole Tom, King Titus, Lil One, Lunch and MO. Lunch and Mo were two of the eight Maine Beer Co. beers that I was really looking forward to tasting. MO did not dis-appoint me in any way. Outstanding is where I rated it and it was all of that.

MO from Maine Beer Company