Another One | Maine Beer Company

Maine Beer Company
Maine, United States
mainebeercompany.com

Style: American IPA

Intensely hoppy American IPA, brewed as the light-colored counterpart to Weez (both beers incorporate the exact same kettle and dry hopping schedule). Another One has a very clean malt palate, leaving little but hoppy resins on the tongue, and finishes dry and crisp.

Hops – Warrior, Cascade, Citra, Simcoe

Added by ToasterChef on 06-11-2013

#532

firstprev| 2001-2025 | 2026-2050 | 2051-2075  | next → last
Ratings: 2,063 |  Reviews: 294

4.22/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

Poured from the bottle into a Dogfish Head Ale glass.

A super creamy white head, nearly microscopic forming head bubbles with a big four to three finger tall size. Head has big retention and leaves a ring puck island in the top. Body color is a classic opaque and peach orange, with the odd small white carbonation bubble coming up. Rings of lace coat the glass while drinking.

For the nose, lush mild tropical notes of orange, tangerine, and citrus abound with a soft sweet sense. Unlike Weez the malts don't interrupt. A slight bit of earth and pine as well, with some dank quality, but the citrus angle really seems to bloom on this beer.

Palate brings a good portion of the hop profile on the nose to the tastebuds. Soft somewhat juicy tropics and citrus fruit, a mellow earth pine but with not so much the dankness coming or even hinting. Slightly wet palate in feel but the flavors do manage to come out. Pine, earth, and juice with a soft malt backbone but the hops dominating.

A great solid IPA from these guys, I think I enjoy this more than Weez for what it is, but overall a real solid brew.

3.94/5  rDev -8.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Poured into a stemmed taster. The color is cantaloupe orange with some haze. There is a nice fluffy white head; lots of sticky lacing.

The aroma has lots of pine. There is a hint of melon and tropical fruit as well as a touch of orange zest.

The malt flavor is minimal in this one and the body is lighter than one might expect from a beer this strength. The zesty hops come through strong with some grassiness and a touch of pine that lasts through the finish.

This is light in body for the ABV and the carbonation is soft. The flavors here are well done; the equilibrium greatly favors the hops. Another solid offering from Maine Beer Company.

3.75/5  rDev -13%

3.5/5  rDev -18.8%

4.49/5  rDev +4.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

"Born on" date of 06/11/13. Since MBC bottle conditions their beer, I'd assume this was bottled about 2 weeks ago. It's damn fresh either way.

I am a sucker for a fresh IPA. When I heard that maine beer had 2 new beers coming out, I just had to try them. This is the first of the two. If you like dank sticky hops, this is the beer for you. Dare I say it's better than their highly regarded Lunch IPA? Definitely worth picking up at least once, price be damned! I myself found it to be worth every penny. I'll have another please!

3.75/5  rDev -13%

4.25/5  rDev -1.4%

3.84/5  rDev -10.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

This is a new IPA that was bottled and released earlier today at the new Freeport brewery. It features the same hops as Weez (which was also released today) but a different malt bill. The beer was chilled when I bought it and has been in my fridge for since I brought it home. I'm serving it in my Maine Beer Co. flute.

This is a nice golden orange beer that has a touch of haze. A big white head fills up the top half of my glass. Lots of carbonation bubbles cling to the sides of the glass. As the head settles, very good lacing is left behind.

Another One has a very strong citrus aroma. I am picking up a lot of pink grapefruit.

The beer has a big, dirty hop flavor. It is strongly bitter. I cannot taste as much of the grapefruit as I thought I would. The pale malts make a decent base that provide a bit of sweetness in the finish. I cannot single out any specific flavors from the yeast.

This is a medium bodied beer with a good amount of carbonation. Between the bubbles and the hop oils, it gives off a big tingling sensation.

This is a pretty good beer. I'm not convinced I like it more than Lunch, but it is still quite enjoyable. There is something about the hops that I can't quite describe but seems off to me. Maybe it's just that there are a lot of hop oils. Is it possible for a beer to be too fresh? If the label is to be believed, this was bottled this morning...the only beer I've ever had that fresh I brewed myself! I will drink this one again.

firstprev| 2001-2025 | 2026-2050 | 2051-2075  | next → last