Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Baby's Lunch | 16 Mile Brewing Company

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by BillRoth on 10-25-2014

Reviews by hdofu:
4.44/5  rDev +17.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

I was at my favorite beer and pizza place with my folks, noticed it was a pretty strong imperial with an insane ibu listing on the menu with the cheapest price on draft daily beer specials aside, so I tried it. I was pleasantly surprised it had a floraly bitter smell, it was a nice transparent blonde color with a thin white head. Taste was citrusy with a hop punch. It had a nice crisp mouthfeel not too heavy with the suds It went particularly well with the meatball pizza.

look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

Had to review this one. I was expecting a lot more because I really like this brewery. The nose had zero hops and the taste was almost like straight ethanol. I got no hop flavor or bitterness and couldn't even pick up any malts. I have had way higher abv double IPAs that hide the alcohol way better. Not sure if the keg was really old or a bad batch or what. I will look to try again if I see it.

3.69/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.12/5  rDev +9.3%

3.55/5  rDev -5.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.46/5  rDev -8.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.02/5  rDev -19.9%

4.31/5  rDev +14.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

3.65/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.81/5  rDev +27.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

3.75/5  rDev -0.5%

3.37/5  rDev -10.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.84/5  rDev +1.9%

I recently had baby's lunch directly from the tap and just purchased from the brewery 7 days prior. Beer pours to a nice 2 inch foamy head that packs a good hop resin and Floral smell. The alcohol was a little too forward and needs a little refinement and balance to not over power the other flavors. Overall enjoyable imperial IPA especially fresh

Baby's Lunch from 16 Mile Brewing Company