Trappistes Rochefort 6 | Brasserie de Rochefort

Added by Bierman9 on 07-12-2002

4.2

Ratings: 2,480 |  Reviews: 1,006

4.25/5  rDev +2.4%

Clear amber orange with a tall off-white head. Smells like caramel, strawberry jam, dried fruit, flowers. The taste follows the same notes, sweet and mildly bitter. Smooth mouthfeel and a sticky sweet aftertaste.

4.39/5  rDev +5.8%

Poured into a tulip glass.

A - has a deep cherry mahogany look that I am a really big fan of, head dissipates quickly, almost no lacing

S - smells almost entirely like wine, very fruity, and a hint of floral

T - tastes like a high sugar content wine with strong fig notes. Also, tastes like a toasted sugar glaze with a strong sweet finish. I also get hints of oak and a strong molasses taste.

M - light mouth feel with light carbonation

Overall - I wish I liked figs because this would be my favorite beer if I did. I thought it was an exceptional Belgian ale and was a pleasure to drink, I recommend it.

3.71/5  rDev -10.6%

1439th Review on BA
Bottle to Goblet
11.2 oz

Purchased from Bevmo, Chino Hills for $5.49

App- Its very caramel in color. Didnt remember that from the 1st time I had it. The density is there with a good bit of haze and sediment. The head was off white and huge, but faded so quick. Maybe a couple dots of cling.

Smell- I am sorry, but this is not a BSDA. This is a dubbel. It was far to raisin and plum and sugary. Lacked a potent malt/yeast combo for me. Wasnt offensive just lacking.

Taste- I really thought it was lacking the soul of a BSDA. This was a dubbel all the way. More brown sugar, raisins and plums without backing notes to put it over the top. The ABV seemed a bit lacking and thin for style if so.

Mouth- It was a nice medium body with a medium carbonation. Dont let the bubbles fool you. The residual flavors are brown sugar and caramel.

Drink- Probably my least favorite of the Rocheforts. Had to review all 3 though. I need to buy more 10 to sit on.

3.5/5  rDev -15.7%