Westmalle Trappist Tripel | Brouwerij Westmalle

trappistwestmalle.be

Style: Tripel

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-06-2000

Ratings: 4,537 |  Reviews: 1,747

I actually had to give all fives. I loved this brew. The carbonation surprised me so yes I sinned and lost some but I have apologized to the beer gods and will carry on. This brew was tart at times but a joy to drink. the alcohol is upfront and lingers but in a good way. This brew is top of the line tripels and the dubbel is awesome also. Fruity aroma, high in carbonation and alcohol but yet a brew that can easily be enjoyed day in and out, hot or cold. Grab one or a few and share. Or just keep them to yourself and tell people how good they are.

This beer is off the hook, best Tripel hands down.

Poured into Chalice, good head, not thin like I've seen other reviews. Color is straw yellow and murky. Taste is complex and creamy. Alcohol is prevelant but not so much as to make it like cheap malt liquor. Mouthful is unreal, almost too much to describe, almost a shame to swallow. Drinkability I gave a 4.5, only because of high alcohol content, makes this a poor session beer.

Side note, I have been trying to get any trappist beer into this town for about 15 years, finally came through and was worth the wait (even if it set me back a few bucks)

A true representation of Tripel style.

Added note, after further review (drinking) I believe my hit on drinkability is unwarranted. This is the best in the style so there fore give it a 5 across the board. I have not found a better Tripel yet.

Westmalle Trappist Tripel from Brouwerij Westmalle