Kaliber | Guinness Ltd.

Added by kbub6f on 08-07-2002

View: Beers
3.17/5  rDev +27.3%

1.55/5  rDev -37.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

From Alcampo. In Ikea's pilsner glass. At lunch, with 3 delight rice. Really bad low alcohol brew. The artificial disgusting touch of many in this style is at its peak here

3.37/5  rDev +35.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

2.5/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.99/5  rDev +20.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

2.81/5  rDev +12.9%

It's an NA beer, so I rated it in comparison to what I expect from an NA beer.

Has a dark color like Guiness does but that's where the comparison ends.

Mixture of oatmeal, molasses and some weird metallic smell but very very light smell.

Tastes like very weak Malta Goya.

Has a light feel but definitely thicker than its competitors.

A very mediocre N/A beer. If I have to drink N/A beer, I'll take Clausthaler, St Pauli N/A, Erdinger Alkoholfrei or even O'Doul Amber. I honestly prefer Malta Goya over this.

2.5/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.25/5  rDev -49.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Some one said this tasted like feet. Agree.

3.01/5  rDev +20.9%

It smells like Wheaties or Raisin Bran. It tastes a bit like Wheaties also. It's not horrible, but I think I would opt for a Bitburger Drive instead.

3.6/5  rDev +44.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Rating according to style. One of the better tasting NA's but this one has a weird sweet taste that is a little off-putting

1.39/5  rDev -44.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

I actually bought this upon viewing the scores for comparable non-alcoholic beers. A "poor" rating actually equates to being halfway decent to me in this category, i.e. drinkable. So I picked up a 6 pack.

Appearance : The head is about two fingers, receding to a thick ring leaving lacing behind in wisps and tattoos. The body is amber colored, about 80% transparent. Looks extremely promising so far.

Aroma : Bouquet is faint, very weak. What I do smell here is some old pine sol, perhaps dried onto aged wood, and some slight strained carrot. Not incredibly lucre.

Flavor : This is like a bad mash up of blended baby food and hop leaf. Yuck. No thanks.

(Mashed carrots, and then bitter and rotten garbage hop. Those are the only two flavors here)

Mouthfeel : At this point I don't even care. It's light to medium bodied, well-carbonated...whatever.

Overall : Using the rest for target practice. This totally sucked and tasted like feet. Pass!

4.38/5  rDev +75.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Haven't drank a real beer in 17 years although I have tried many NA's like O'Douls, O'Douls Amber, Becks, Sharp, Bucklers and St. Pauli. Kaliber is by far the best I have found to date. I would like to try Clausthaler Golden Amber sometime if I can find it locally. Definitely would recommend Kaliber to anyone looking for a decent NA beer!

2.36/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.52/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.16/5  rDev -13.3%

For what it is, not bad

2.89/5  rDev +16.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

Who reads a review of Kaliber?

2.59/5  rDev +4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

3.62/5  rDev +45.4%

When compared to other NA beers this is tops. So far its as close to real beer as I can find. My wife can't have alcohol in the house so this hits the spot when I'm in the mood and don't want to head to the bar.

3.03/5  rDev +21.7%

As a recovering alcoholic it's tough to get a decent NA beer in my area. I had the displeasure of having Clausthaler previously and almost quit searching for other NA beers. Kaliber, unlike Clausthaler does not have that super disgusting metallic bitter finishing after taste. More so, Kaliber is kind of sweet to a degree with the malty yeast, almost honey notes on the forefront of the taste. Mouth feel is flat and liquid, but just having a NA beer that doesn't taste like your back yard fence is an achievement in itself. I drank it straight from the bottle ice cold like it suggested. I'll gladly continue drinking Kaliber until I can find one of those tastier NA hefes, wits, or IPAs.

3.84/5  rDev +54.2%

2.25/5  rDev -9.6%

Kaliber from Guinness Ltd.