Kaliber | Guinness Ltd.

poor
good
Read the review
KaliberKaliber

Added by kbub6f on 08-07-2002

4.5/5  rDev +79.3%

2.39/5  rDev -4.8%

No bottling date.

A: Pours a crystal clear red/amber. Tall, frothy white head. Head fades slowly with heavy lacing and great retention.

S: My first thought upon sniffing it was green tea, oddly enough. I'm not sure why. There is a bready sweetness to this as well.

T: Huh. Some malty sweetness but again with the tea. Some ...steamed vegetables in the finish and aftertaste. Bleagh.

M: Pretty thin as you'd imagine. Higher carbonation leaves it prickly.

O: I poured this one out pretty fast. Lots of tea and vegetables. And neither in a good way. Whew. One of the worst I've ever had.

4.65/5  rDev +85.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Best tasting NA beer I have had so far. way better than O dools and St pauls. my dad who likes Guinness tried it and like it. I would recommend this to anyone. it is a Good malt beer highly recommended they need to make more NA malt beers like this this is an amazing beer.

2.7/5  rDev +7.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

A 330ml bottle with a BB of Feb 2014. The label claims less than 0.05% ABV. Picked up a little while back from a discount store.

Poured into a straight pint glass. A clear pale-gold colour with faint floating sediment and plentiful carbonation. Forms a large head of creamy white foam that persists for a few minutes before reducing to a thick surface layer. Some lacing. Aroma of sweet stewed grain and little else; perhaps a touch of cooked veg/leaves. Unimpressive.

Tastes of steamed grain with a mild finish. Notes of grain, unfermented malt, faint caramel, overcooked veggies and a hint of stewed leaves. Slightly sweet, with a very weak bitterness upon swallowing. Mouthfeel is light and tingly, with spritzy carbonation and a thin, watery body. Aftertaste of cooked grain.

Not very wonderful. I know alcohol-free beer is there to meet a specific need, but this is just gross. Looks decent - this is the best thing about it. The aroma and flavour consist primarily of sweetish stewed-grain and a hint of cabbage water. Watery body. Lacking in substance and character - if I needed to avoid alcohol I don't think I would choose this. Give it a miss.

2.94/5  rDev +17.1%

12 oz bottle poured into pint glass

A: Nice amber color with a big fluffy white head that settles to nothing with no lacing.

S: I'm getting sweet grainy malt.... No hops at all, good news is I'm not getting corn in the sweetness.

T: No bad, matches the smell.... Sweet malt, hanging on the caramel side.... Really much more flavor than I was expecting from a NA brew. Clean finish.

M: Light bodied with lots of carbonation, has a nice clean aftertaste.

D: It is a NA beer but is really not too bad. So if you are looking for NA, this one is worth a look.

(From Notes)

2.69/5  rDev +7.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

3.5/5  rDev +39.4%

1.75/5  rDev -30.3%

2.25/5  rDev -10.4%

There is no one size fits all when it comes to beer. On an average workday, I prefer to avoid alcohol. Personal preference. I tend to save it for the weekends when I am not working. Come home from work, and what is in the fridge? Kaliber. Thank the beer gods. I enjoy NA beer. It gets a bad rep, but it is evolved. Beer has evolved over the centuries. Maybe NA beer is the next step?... maybe only the whispers of time will tell. I am probably a damned heretic for saying so, but this stuff is much needed. I wish they took high quality beer and removed the alcohol. Yes, Kaliber is not high quality beer. But it is refreshing and super-drinkable.

I'mma gonna have another now....

1.75/5  rDev -30.3%

2.5/5  rDev -0.4%

Kaliber from Guinness Ltd.