Guinness Black Lager | Guinness Ltd.

Guinness Black LagerGuinness Black Lager

Style: Euro Dark Lager

Added by mdagnew on 04-03-2010

Ratings: 1,975 |  Reviews: 445

1.12/5  rDev -64.3%

This beer upsets me. I love guinness. Every thing they were. And still should be. What they stood for. With this they have lost alot of my respect. They have sold out to the mass market. Guinness is not supposed to be for everyone. I'm sad. I'm sick. This is like metallica singing turn the page. CHEAP. i understand what they are trying to do. Be relevant. Current. What they don't understand is that the timeless rock of a beer they have been brewing for 250 years would keep them current on its own. Bc it demands respect. Its a fucking institution. Its not my favorite beer. I prefer more aggressive american stouts but its one of the worlds best liquids. Black lager is no better than yeungling black and tan or 1554. Like bud with black die in it. POSER!!! the slogan for this beer is. " if you are a pussy and are lying about it. Drink black lager"

1.25/5  rDev -60.2%

1.3/5  rDev -58.6%

We just got this beer in at the liquor store I work at. I was excited to hear that Guinness came out with a new beer, but disappointing when I saw the bottles...marketing aside, this is just a terrible beer. If I did a blind tasting of this, I would say Milwaukee's Best came out with a dark beer. It has the dark chocolaty/coffee taste at first, but it mixes with that awful, cheap-old-man-beer taste. I think Guinness should pull this product to save the name they've established. If you want to try this, I would suggest splitting a six pack with a friend. I split a 6 pack with my boss and I got through half of one before I poured it and left the other 2 bottles in my friends fridge.

Overall- Guinness is one of my go-to beers when I can't find anything appealing because all of their beers are good and fairly inexpensive, but this would fall far below adequate for even Miller/Coors and Budweiser.

1.43/5  rDev -54.5%

Plain and simple, a watered down version of a Euro Dark Lager.
Guinness should stick with their money maker. I'm glad I only
had one bottle,
A: tan foamy head, hangs in there.
S: mild, weak, very disappointed
T: a lite lager at best
M: lacks a robust flavor, just eh, maybe nitrogen would do this beer some good.
O: For someone just starting out on the beer find, a starter
and nothing more.

1.5/5  rDev -52.2%

Guinness Black Lager from Guinness Ltd.
Beer rating: 3.14 out of 5 with 1,975 ratings