Guinness Draught | Guinness Ltd.

Read the review

3.5/5  rDev +1.2%

4.84/5  rDev +39.9%

3.75/5  rDev +8.4%

3.5/5  rDev +1.2%

Serving: Tap, relatively cold.

Look: Black, with a persistent head. (Not sure if it's nitro). Lots of lacing.

Smell: sweet chocolate, and coffee, with a general background of sweet dark malts.

Taste: Generally follows through with the smell with chocolate and coffee with some earthy notes. Generally sweet, but still balanced.

Feel: Somewhere between creamy and watery, but almost seems too watery.

Overall: Guiness is of course a classic, and was my first non BMC beer, like it is for many Americans. However, there are so many better examples of the style out there now with more depth and flavor, especially as Ireland's craft beer industry grows more and more.

3.75/5  rDev +8.4%

The beer that introduced me to Irish Draughts. I bought this recently in the Guinness Variety pack. Poured in glass. Good beer. Lots of flavors and a nice discolored head that stays until you are finished. Earthy and Roasty as well as MaltsWell-balanced, smooth, and a very dark but not completely dark color. Alot of flavors going on here. This is an iconic beer that is just simply well made. If you haven't tried Guinness, you should give it a try. The more I drink it, the more I enjoy it! Cheers.

3.25/5  rDev -6.1%

I don't know why I haven't gotten around to reviewing this one. I have drank it a thousand times. I just really wanted to add it to my list of beers I had drank really. For symmetry more than anything else. You know the beer. For God Sake its Guinness! Also this is apparently international stout day and this is the stout that began it all for me.

Appearance: Beautiful creamy black, not total darkness, but close. Nice frothy head, like a beer milkshake.

Aroma: Not much, its sweet roast and malts.

Taste: Creamy roasted malts, it really tastes like a lot out there and honestly more watery than some other craft breweries are doing with the style, especially nitro beers. But this truly is a classic. It gets points for that and was the best beer I had ever drank the first time I had tried it after years of drinking macro lager swill.

3.52/5  rDev +1.7%

Guinness Draught from Guinness Ltd.