Guinness Draught | Guinness Ltd.

Read the review

Ratings: 7,699 |  Reviews: 2,261

2.5/5  rDev -27.7%

4.5/5  rDev +30.1%

4.94/5  rDev +42.8%

Appearance - Dark, smoky, and inviting. Creamy, white head that is very inviting that appears like a scoop of cream on top. Nicely carbonated and alive.

Smell - Mild smoky aroma but not overpowering. Hints of clean malt and good earth.

Taste - Hints of chocolate, malt, and clean rain. Well balanced and refreshing. Not heavy.

Mouthfeel - Light, enjoyable, and very refreshing.

Overall - This is my favorite go-to beer and the standard I judge all other beers by. I would give this beer a 5.00 but I am holding out for that perfect beer in the hopes of one day finding it. If I do not find it, I will edit my rating to a 5.00.

2.25/5  rDev -35%

4.25/5  rDev +22.8%

3.5/5  rDev +1.2%

3.5/5  rDev +1.2%

3.18/5  rDev -8.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Well....I've enjoyed Guinness for the last 15 years...it's about time I write a review about it. Poured from a nitro-can (straight out of the refrigerator) into a room temperature glass...

Appearance - The Guinness nitro-can pour is always a thing of beauty as far as I am concerned...the swirl that occurs as the beer settles is fun to watch and the two-finger white/tan, creamy head always wets my appetite. Dark, opaque brown...not as black as some irish dry stouts.

Smell - Chrome, almost rust-like; difficult for me to articulate this smell; nothing to write home about...

Taste - Dry, almost metal-like...not really sure how to put this in words...it tastes like....well....Guinness (sorry!). Not very complex...pretty bland actually...

Mouthfeel - While I used to enjoy the mouthfeel tremendously, I am now savvy enough (tongue-in-cheek) to know that the mouthfeel is actually very watery compared with many quality irish dry stouts...oh well, I still enjoy it!

Overall - Though I know that there are probably dozens of stouts better than this Irish Dry Stout, I still really enjoy a Guinness....it's an oldy, but goody...

3.44/5  rDev -0.6%

It have always been a fan of stouts, therefore, my opinion will be somewhat biased. Guinness Draught is just the standard irish dry stout, you know what you are getting before buying it and it does not go better or worst. For me Guinness is like McDonalds, you know that there are better things out there but for some reason you always go back and buy Guinness because it never disappoints.

Guinness Draught from Guinness Ltd.