Guinness Draught | Guinness Ltd.

Guinness DraughtGuinness Draught

Alströms:

Ratings: 7,719 |  Reviews: 2,263

3.52/5  rDev -1.1%

3.4/5  rDev -4.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

I'm a big fan of the Guinness masterpiece, the Foreign Extra Stout. That being said, this is not that. Let's begin:

App- Black in the glass. Against light, its a dark but clear brown. Head was beige and creamy with slight rocks in there. Lacing slides sexily down the glass.

Sm- Typical Guinness roasty notes. I got burnt toast, coffee and dark caramel. Not so much chocolate but it's there. Light for a stout.

Ta- Burnt coffee and chocolate. Not much complexity there. I almost got a dairy flavor but I could be confusing it with my mouthfeel, I still kinda suck at this. There's something missing here, though...

Mf- As stated, milky, dairy-like quality as it washes down. I guess it's the nitro, although the bottle is much more subdued than the can version, which I've had. So there must be something there. I'd call it a medium body.

I said there's something missing in the flavor, and I know what it is. The alcohol is so subdued it couldn't be said to exist at all. It has less ABV than a Budweiser! What are they doing here? The strong notes in the flavor are the reason stouts are usually so high in alcohol, it's balance. Either way, they're not going to see this review, you are and I'm saying it's good, but lessens the Guinness reputation significantly.

4.5/5  rDev +26.4%

4.75/5  rDev +33.4%

3.5/5  rDev -1.7%

Guinness Draught from Guinness Ltd.
Beer rating: 40.3% out of 100 with 7,719 ratings