Guinness Draught | Guinness Ltd.

Read the review

Added by BeerAdvocate on 02-02-2001

Ratings: 7,699 |  Reviews: 2,261
4.09/5  rDev +18.2%
look: 5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

A: pours black with some red peaking through when held to the light. Thick head. Beautiful creamy head.

S: roasted malts, chocolate, some coffee. The nose is lacking but it still smells good.

T: exactly like the nose. When a beer looks this good the taste lets you down. Its a little watery yet its not a bad taste. You get the chocolate. Some coffee notes and the roastiness.

M: creamy yet slightly watery. Its smooth though thanks to being nitro pushed

O: great legacy beer. Simple stout. Its a gateway stout. It was for me. It could be alot better but its not bad. I gotta give this one fairly high ratings. Its a respectable brew. It leads many to better stouts and compared to other mass produces beers this is the top brew. Cheers

3.36/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Dark appearance. Flavors are very faint and muted, but what is there is pleasant. Mild coffee and chocolate flavors make up a very thin and watery body. Reminiscent of Folgers Instant Coffee. A bare-bones Irish Stout. Lies somewhere between not bad and almost good.

2.5/5  rDev -27.7%

3.75/5  rDev +8.4%

Photo of
2.5/5  rDev -27.7%

You had this beer. Write a review.

3.75/5  rDev +8.4%

4.5/5  rDev +30.1%

3.87/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.75/5  rDev -20.5%

3.55/5  rDev +2.6%

I've always loved this beer and although their may be better, I still like it. Sometimes we get so sucked into a culture of something we can get a bit snobbish. It certainly isn't a bad beer. There are tons of, I'm sure real good grilled cheese sandwiches, but I can still appreciate a simple grilled cheese. With that off my chest, here goes a classic for me (I named my dog Guinness).

Pours a foamy but thin head, which lingers. Black as the night. My nose is always an awful judge of smell, and I'm not getting anything right now. Has that subtle chocolate taste with a nutty caramel hint. Extremely drinkable, satisfying, lovely.

3.25/5  rDev -6.1%

Guinness Draught from Guinness Ltd.