Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Guinness Draught | Guinness Ltd.

Guinness DraughtGuinness Draught

3.87/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.75/5  rDev -22.8%

3.55/5  rDev -0.3%

I've always loved this beer and although their may be better, I still like it. Sometimes we get so sucked into a culture of something we can get a bit snobbish. It certainly isn't a bad beer. There are tons of, I'm sure real good grilled cheese sandwiches, but I can still appreciate a simple grilled cheese. With that off my chest, here goes a classic for me (I named my dog Guinness).

Pours a foamy but thin head, which lingers. Black as the night. My nose is always an awful judge of smell, and I'm not getting anything right now. Has that subtle chocolate taste with a nutty caramel hint. Extremely drinkable, satisfying, lovely.

3.75/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Dark brown with a 1/2 off white collar that sticks around....lace follows the beer down.

Muted aroma of roasted malts - nothing out of the ordinary and nothing out of place.

Roasted malts, slight bitterness. Simple, but satisfying.

Velvety smooth, low carbonation. Finishes dry.

Overall a fairly simple drink that you have all of a sudden had 4 or 5 of...not too bad at all.

3.9/5  rDev +9.6%

I picked up a Guinness sampler this morning figuring I would slum it a bit from all the crazy microbrews I usually drink. It was a good choice as I had forgotten how good their products are. This one is perhaps the weakest, but it is still good and appropriate for the style.

It's a typical pure black with a smallish head and light lacing. The aroma is faint but nice. The taste is mild and creamy and the finish is the same. It's like the ones I've had with the widget but not as good. I am enjoying my Irish Saturday!

2.75/5  rDev -22.8%

4.25/5  rDev +19.4%

4.25/5  rDev +19.4%

Guinness Draught from Guinness Ltd.
Beer rating: 3.56 out of 5 with 7,762 ratings