Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Guinness Draught | Guinness Ltd.

Guinness DraughtGuinness Draught

Style: Irish Dry Stout

Added by BeerAdvocate on 02-02-2001

Ratings: 7,785 |  Reviews: 2,274
1.42/5  rDev -60.1%

First, I am not an expert on beer, but I do love beer and drink and enjoy them a lot.

A: It looks dark, just like coffee with some redish. I like the color, since it remind me of red wines.

S: It smells like carbonated-chocolate, not good smell.

T: It tastes bitter and watery. It is horrible. I rather drink water than it.

M: I really don't know how to say it, but it tastes like bitter medicine which my mom used to force me to drink when I was a kid. It is horrible.

O: The worst beer I have ever encountered. I have signed up here because I want to write a review of this horrible beer.

There is only little tiny beer taste to this stout. It doesn't taste something more than bitter, and is similar to Chinese medicine with straight ingredients. I tried to like it, but since I have already tried 4 cans and I can't even finish 25% of them. I have no choice but to hate it.

The last bad beer I tried is Budweiser, King of Beer; although bad, I can still manage to finish the whole can. This guinness is definitely not something I want to even touch in the future.

1.42/5  rDev -60.1%

Well, a fancy nitro-can of Guinness. Never got around to buying this stuff mainly because it's so dammed expensive, and there's always something else I'm in the mood for. I got this can for free.

Appearance - Wow. This beer looks cool. Nice cascading, rippling effect of the beer settling. Looks good for a stout.

Smell - faint toasty aroma. Not much else.

Taste/Mouthfeel - Faint toasted malt - VERY faint. No hop character to speak of. This tastes incredibly watered down, and I'm very surprised. All I ever heard is how "rich and creamy" Guinness is. This is pathetic. I don't wan't to finish this. I'm pouring the rest out in my sink.

Stout water?

1.43/5  rDev -59.8%

1.46/5  rDev -59%

3.0 A: Pours a dark brown. Looking at this beer makes you think that perhaps it will be good.

2.0 S: Somewhat malty, not much of anything really.

1.0 T: Tastes of bitter water.

2.0 M: Creaminess is nice, but that fact that even the cream is tastless makes its creaminess an even greater liability.

1.0 D: Drinkable in the same sense that Keystone is drinkable.

This is not the worst beer ever, but it certainly is the most overrated. If you disagree with me then you are insane. I am not trying to troll, but the fact that I am relatively new to the world of fine beers and this one was easy to point out as terrible and tasteless, I should be allowed to make such a caustic statement.

1.47/5  rDev -58.7%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

After drinking most of it from the bottle, I poured rest into a glass. Dark ruby black color. Good head retention, some lacing. But who cares, this stuff is to be consumed from the bottle not a glass so I had to give a 1 for appearance. Aroma was skunky in the bottle and in a glass. Flavor, what flavor, watery. Was best when ice cold (crappy when not ice cold.) Weak, thin and flat. Label should say "Watery Guinness Light". Screw the widget rocket. Maybe I had a six that was stored upside down and the nitro escaped into the bottle so when I opened it up, the nitro got out causing a flat and tasteless beer. Who cares, at the going price, there are too many other good beers to be drunk.

Guinness on tap rules.

1.49/5  rDev -58.1%

1.5/5  rDev -57.9%

Can't see the beer through the bottle. Where is the "Sound" Category? I would definintely give the clinking of the plastic thing in the bottle a 4.5. Doesn't smell like anything. Taste? No not really. A bit of muted sweetness and some cocoa. The mouthfeel is watery and flaccid. This is terrible.

1.5/5  rDev -57.9%

Guinness Draught from Guinness Ltd.
Beer rating: 3.56 out of 5 with 7,785 ratings