Guinness Draught | Guinness Ltd.

Read the review

look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.1/5  rDev +18.5%

3.06/5  rDev -11.6%

3.67/5  rDev +6.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.83/5  rDev +10.7%

2.92/5  rDev -15.6%

4.76/5  rDev +37.6%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

While not a craft beer or unique taste as many other beers, it should be the favorite for all beer drinkers. If I was stuck on an island and could only drink one beer for the rest of my life (not that I want this to happen), it would be Guinness. I would of course want it served on tap. And with a pour done as well as at the Gravity Bar at Dublin's Gate.

This is a great beer to introduce to your friends who are not diverse in their styles of beer. Most of them would be scared of the color and think it would be too heavy, not taste good, etc. If Guinness is served at the right temperature with a good poor,they may find themselves pleasantly surprised and be willing to try others!

Obviously a way higher rating than most. The reasoning is personal. It was my first beer love.

3.55/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Very dark brown body with a fair tan head and mediocre lacing. It smells a lot like, well, not much, actually. Faint roasted malts, nearly burnt wheat bread, and even fainter fruit and yeast. Tastes the same as I expected with some typical, standard, light roasted malts, toast, watered down cold-brewed coffee, a wee bit of caramel and dare I say taffy in there somewhere, and a dry, slightly bitter malty finish without much from hops. The mouthfeel is very average, if you're gonna have it you should try to get one that's on nitrogen.

I've had one Guinness at a pub off nitro, didn't think it very special and didn't expect to want it again, but I decided to toss in a bottle of Guinness Draught into a "mix your own six pack" and had it with breakfast this morning. It's a great breakfast beer, I must say, though for any other time it's just mediocre for me.

3.5/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.25

3.75/5  rDev +8.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.21/5  rDev +21.7%

If you give Guinness on draught anything less than an 85 then you haven't had it in Ireland.

The key to a good Guinness is a perfect pour. Nothing can beat the look of a jet-black Guinness with cream bubbles creeping up the side of the glass for a perfect, iconic head. The creaminess is accentuated in the smell and taste. The feel is silky smooth.

Go have a Guinness poured in a 12th century pub and see how it treats you.

3.25/5  rDev -6.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.96/5  rDev +14.5%

3.42/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

2.87/5  rDev -17.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

I revisited Guinness because I felt like I unfairly judged it for years, for it is the reason I thought I didn't like stouts, but I have learned I just don't like this stout. There wasn't a deep aroma, the flavor was bland, and the feel was average. I feel free of any lingering guilt for not loving Guinness and can say with confidence that I now trust my pallet and I really do like stouts, good ones.

2.34/5  rDev -32.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

3.67/5  rDev +6.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.55/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

2.87/5  rDev -17.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

3.74/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Guinness Draught from Guinness Ltd.