Guinness Mid-Strength | Guinness Ltd.

Awaiting More Ratings

Added by kjyost on 04-12-2013

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.5/5  rDev +59.6%

Had a pint in Castlewarden Golf Club on a day when I was driving. Good effort at low strength beer.

2.75/5  rDev -2.5%

1.5/5  rDev -46.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

2.51/5  rDev -11%
look: 4 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

2.84/5  rDev +0.7%

Found in Dublin, Ireland at Mulligan's Pub (excellent place too!). Figured this was mid-strength between draught and foreign-extra, thankfully the bartender informed me this was a beer for drivers and gave me a short pour for free instead!

Looks like a Guinness with a tight creamy head, except the body is noticeably a bit lighter and clearer. Not very much aroma, just light roasted notes, as I have come to expect from nitro poured beers. The body is incredibly thin with a decent coffee note that is stronger than in Guinness, but not much else going on. With the low carbonation this beer comes across as having a ridiculously thin body.

Thank heavens I was warned about this beer before I bought a pint as it turned out to be more of a mix of Guinness and water! Meh. Never again, unless I needed to stay sober (and even then maybe just some pop)

2.5/5  rDev -11.3%

Guinness Mid-Strength from Guinness Ltd.