Kuhnhenn Fourth Dementia (4D) | Kuhnhenn Brewing Company

Kuhnhenn Fourth Dementia (4D)Kuhnhenn Fourth Dementia (4D)

Kuhnhenn Brewing Company

2010 13.5%
2011 13.5%

Added by marburg on 05-06-2003

Ratings: 1,049 |  Reviews: 450

By far one of the greatest beers ever made. It is too bad this place doesn't get more reviews.

The Fourth is the best they make.

Pours very dark in color with a nice off tan head. Has almost a molasses type color too it. If you have ever had sorgum, you'll know the color.

How do give a beer the rich caramel, molasses, chocolate, leather and velvet taste and flavor? I don't know how the brothers do it.

This is a big beer, where the ABV is covered nicely. I have to limit myself to one per visit. It finishes strong & smooth.

I have 12 bottles, so I will give them a taste once the K-brewery runs out....carry me over until next December...

2009 vintage.

Aroma:Tons of sweet malt in the aroma. Also dark fruits, caramel, and molasses. There is a little alcohol aroma coming thru.

Appearance:Dark reddish brown in color. Light tan colored head that doesn't stick around very long.

Taste:The foretaste has lots of caramel malty deliciousness, with some dark fruits, and a hint of chocolate. In the midtaste thru the aftertaste the flavors turn more molasses and dessert-wine like (sherry or port). The aftertaste finishes sweet.

Mouthfeel:Full body, lots of alcohol warmth, medium carbonation.

Drinkability:This beer is right on in terms of style, and deliciously rendered. There is a ton of complexity in all aspects of this beer.

This is what I call an after dinner beer. The taste is divine, taste like the beer version of a fine cognac, this is due to the high alcohol content of the beer. This is one of my favorite beers.

I am somewhat a world traveler and love to sample beer in various countries
so I have sampled a fairly large number of beers. I do admit the stout from Belgium was also divine.

4.97/5  rDev +16.7%

Many thanks go to Ben for sharing such an awesome and unique brew with me. Pours out a deep dark brown with a nice sized tan head. Strings of lace were left coating the glass and the head was revived easily with a few swirls of the snifter. Upon first smell of this brew I new this would become a favorite of mine. There was just so much going on I knew I would need more than this one to figure it all out. Smokiness was big as was the chocolate and roasted malt. Some dark fruit and earthy/woody notes were in there as well. Damn there was so much going on I sat there for a while with my nose just in the glass trying to take it all in. The taste was just as complex and enjoyable as the aroma. Dark fruits, molasses, chocolate malt and smoke seem to be the most upfront flavors. An assortment of other flavors were present as well spice, caramel, alcohol, woodiness and everything else you could imagine. Wow this is one amazing brew. The full thick body leaves your mouth coated in sticky flavor that seems to stay with you forever. Drinkability is insane, every sip leaves you wanted more to discover new things about the beer. If this was available locally I would clean the shelves of it, I guess thatÂ’s were the dementia comes in.

Kuhnhenn Fourth Dementia (4D) from Kuhnhenn Brewing Company