Kuhnhenn Michigan Weizen Bock | Kuhnhenn Brewing Company

Kuhnhenn Michigan Weizen BockKuhnhenn Michigan Weizen Bock

Kuhnhenn Brewing Company
kbrewery.com

Style: Weizenbock

Summer Solstice 2012 bottle release.

Added by MasterSki on 07-01-2012

Liked:
3.62/5
Alströms:

Reviews by buschbeer:
3.88/5  rDev +7.2%

12oz bottle
Served in a weizen glass

A - It is a super dark amber with an inch of beige head.

S - I get some musty malt and not a whole lot on the spice end.

T - The spices come through more on the taste. It is tangy with a generous portion of caramel malt. I get an aftertaste of almost burnt toast and some mustiness.

M - Moderate

O - I would definitely drink it again. I really enjoy the style. This one is not as spicy as others that I have tried, but it is a great beer.

3.75/5  rDev +3.6%

3.91/5  rDev +8%

Received, I think, as an extra from czar_chasm. Poured into my Duvel tulip.

A - Pours a nice clearish coppery hue with a good one finger creamy off white / light tan head that never really faded, just slumped slightly and got more dense. Awesome.

S - Musty malts, faint caramel and faint spices. Its a tease.

T - Taste has more spices than the nose. More caramel malty sweetness too. Not quite musty just malty with some light, light spices. Almost like a winter warmer spice note. Its interesting. The more I drink it the more there is a light tang on the finish. Hmm.

M - Mouthfeel is solid, more carbonated than I'm used to with this style. That said it almost makes it a bit thin, however, it does keep the alcohol up off the tongue.

O - Overall this was an interesting beer. The sweetness and spices play well together and that unique tang adds something to it. Glad I got to try this one!

4.25/5  rDev +17.4%

3.93/5  rDev +8.6%

I think it might have been Jim that picked up these Summer Solstice '12 beers for me. If so, thanks! Served in a snifter.

A - White foam settles to a thin collar, wisps, and specks of lace. Transparent amber body that seems unusual for a weiss beer.

S - Sharp wheat, a bit of smoke, cereal grains, spicy yeast, and a touch of caramel and fruit malt sweetness.

T - I like the taste a bit better, as there's more balance. Wheat and grain flavors dominate, but with some stone fruit and honey to sweeten things up. Light phenolic tang in the finish, and well-concealed alcohol.

M - Medium-full body, dry chaffed wheat texture, pleasant moderate carbonation, and a toasty finish. Again, minimal booze here.

D - A solidly made weizenbock. Not a beer I'd order often, but true to style and enjoyable on the whole. Sometimes I don't think Kuhnhenn gets enough credit for their skill at brewing traditional German ales and lagers.

Kuhnhenn Michigan Weizen Bock from Kuhnhenn Brewing Company