Beta #6B | Brasseurs Illimités

Alströms:

Reviews by Krakpoff:
3.5/5  rDev +1.4%

3.38/5  rDev -2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

341ml Bottle from BroueHaha QC for 3$ - Labelled as 6B not the regular 6

Appearance – Clear copper colour with an above average size fizzy off white coloured head. There is an average amount of carbonation and there isn't much lacing. The head lasted for 5 minutes before it was gone.

Smell - Malts, grains, raisins

Taste & Mouth - The beer has an average amount of carbonation and I can taste malts, banana, and raisins. There is also a caramel/butterscotch sweetness and some metalic notes and a hint of coconut. It ends with a somewhat sweet aftertaste.

Overall – The booze was well hidden and although I'm not sure what the differences are from 6 to 6B this is still a pretty decent brew.

3.25/5  rDev -5.8%

3.67/5  rDev +6.4%

Poured into a flute type glass.

A: Pours a fairly clear pale amber colour, almost scotch/brandy in colour, with off white/yellowish light head that dies off pretty quickly.

S: Aroma is interesting on this one and difficult to nail. First thing I get is some sweet notes, starting off with perhaps what appears to be a vanilla scent, with some honey and some other tropical fruit notes (banana, or coconut?) Otherwise there is some malt aromas here as well with a hint of spice, maybe coriander.

T: Taste picks up where the aroma's leave off. Up front malty flavours, getting more roasty as the beer warms up, finishes off with a sweet slightly alcoholic taste, leaving the same tropical notes that you picked up in the smell, with a slightly banana/vanilla aftertaste.

M: Light to medium carbonation, fairly well balanced with a slight alcoholic finish belaying the %8+ abv.

O: Overall I'd say this is an interesting beer. I haven't tried the other #'s series (5 or 6) so I had nothing to compare it too. The beer is not too strong, or overly complex but it is interesting, almost like a dark/strong hef? You almost don't know which way to go with when you'd feel like this beer, as it's not I would say a light easy drinking beer, but then the sweetness is quite prominent.... sort of strange in a way. I would say it's a decent enough beer that I'm not against having again, and I would recommend you at least try it as I'd be interested to see what others think of it!

Beta #6B from Brasseurs Illimités