Rockdale Light

Rockdale LightRockdale Light
Notes:
Reviews: 24 | Ratings: 49
4.3/5  rDev +54.1%

For all the naysayers out there. I personally liked rockdale lite. I feel it is a flavor between Miller lite and bud lite.. I can only wish that Walmart would bring it back. Oh and I've drank practically all brands of beer on the market. And everyone has their preference. But don't knock a brand because it's not your brand you usually drink. Or because its cheaper to buy!! All in all its not a bad [email protected][email protected]

3.5/5  rDev +25.4%

Rockdale Light | World Brews. Poured from the can into a pint glass, the head's two fingers thick, with spotty lacing, and a very light clear gold body.

I smell light adjunct grains.

The taste is also equally as lifeless. Thankfully not too sweet.

Light mouthfeel with mild carbonation.

I rate Rockdale Light | World Brews at a 3.5

4.29/5  rDev +53.8%

So I'm a huge beer drinker cheap and not cheap this beer is a beer you can slam and drink a piss ton of. It looks good tastes okay and honestly gets you drunk when you want to party shotgunning 12 and drinking the other 12 from a 24 pack gets me the buzz I want so no big deal price is good if you want to get it in ya! Great party beer

1.47/5  rDev -47.3%

When you’re poor as shit you can’t complain about the shit taste! These would be great shotgun beers though. When the band and I throw our big barn party this spring I’m gonna buy a asslod of these and just throw them at people.

2.27/5  rDev -18.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Cracked a tall boy of Rockdale Light while watching a movie with the wife. One time at the Penn State frat house during pledge week in 1977 I was dared by the quarterback of the football team to chug a can of Grubergrieger Malt Wine Cocktail Mix from Lithuania. I swear it tastes exactly like this beer and it took me back. This beer is seriously bad avoid at all costs.

3.06/5  rDev +9.7%

Rockdale Light brewed by World Brews, with an ABV of 4.20% This Light Lager pours out a nice light golden amber color with a nice nice white head. There is some spotty thin lacing to this brew, not much but it is there . The smell is light with lots of grains and malts. Hops are are on the light side. So far this brew has the look and smell of most light brews on the market, not saying that is a bad thing. Now for the taste , it is lots of cheap grains, lots of corn thin but clean an refreshing. For the money it is not bad , however there are better light lagers on the market for the same money. The body of this brew is a light medium. Nothing to write home about, however not a bad drinking brew. There is nothing overpowering about Rockdale Light, it has a super nice balance to it. The mouth feel is Light, Clean, Smooth and Refreshing. Overall I'm going to give Rockdale Light a soild 3 out of 5. I would look this brew up again giving the opportunity to. World Brews, did a nice job with this brew.

2.73/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Definitely not the worst beer I ever had, looks, smells good.
Tast...well not alot going on.
Definitely a summertime Lake beer.
You get for what you pay for.
Very watery finishes very clean.

2.98/5  rDev +6.8%

From the 22 ounce can with an expiration date of Jul 18, 2018. Sampled on April 20, 2018.

The appearance is clear and golden with streaming carbonation up to a quick lasting white fizzy head.

The aroma has a modest barley grain, white bread, and grass presence. It smells like an American Adjunct Lager should.

Thin, light body but refreshing.

Sweet barley and cereal grains in the taste, with a sort of citrus zest character and a clean finish.

4.57/5  rDev +63.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I love this beer. I have a brain injury and my taste-buds are very different from most people's. I'd much rather have this beer than a more expensive brand. It doesn't make me sick like some of the others. But I'm an anomaly.

3.53/5  rDev +26.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I was given this beer to try, after seeing the stellar reviews on it, I am hopeful. Poured into a pint glass at 38 degrees. A pale straw color with a white frothy head and zilch retention. The beer has a high amount of carbonation. Not much to say other than a very typical American light lager.

Nose: Light Dms, grainy, biscuity, a decent amount green apple and a smell I cannot quite put to words, kinda funky aroma.

Taste: Corn, grain, biscuity, a subtle floral hops, and a very light toasted malt.

Mouthfeel: Super light body, high carbonation, crisp dry finish.

Overall: As bad as I wanted to kill this beer and give it a bad rating, I cannot. Sadly this beer is on par with a bud light, although a bud light has more flavor to the beer. The beer is super light, crisp, dry finish, spot on for being an American light lager.

2.31/5  rDev -17.2%

I've had all kinds of beers from fancy small batch craft brews to cheap adjunct lagers, and I love to try new ones. I saw Rockdale light for same at my local Walmart and decided to give it a whirl. Because of the low price point ($1.36 for a 24 ounce tall boy), I wasn't expecting to like it, but I was pleasantly surprised. I actually like it okay. I poured it from the can into a glass mug. The color is pale yellow with a quickly fading head that left a trace of lacing. You can definitely taste and smell corn in this one. The taste isn't spectacular, but it's pretty good as far as cheap macrobrews go. If you are a "beer snob" I'd advise you to avoid it, but if you are looking for a cheap but acceptable beer to serve at your next frat party or Super Bowl game, you might want to consider giving it a whirl. You might actually like it!

2.5/5  rDev -10.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Wow! $3.99 for a 24 pack at my local Grocery Outlet in Northern California's beautiful central valley. Poured from two 12 oz cans into a 24 oz glass mug. Looks like typical cheap corn beer, you know, like piss. Smells like cheap corn beer, tastes like cheap corn beer, mouthfeel is of cheap corn beer. But to be honest with you for
$3.99 a case it's not bad. Think about that, $3.99 a case. I've got plenty of friends and family that'll drink anything and at the next party they will slam this inexpensive and yet not that bad beer down like they're eating candy, giving me a chance to sneak off and enjoy a ballast point or dust dowl brew while they are no more the wiser. Prost!

1.85/5  rDev -33.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Taste: no snap, mild and watery thin, even for a lite beer. Mild, caramel toffee nose. Gold, crystal clear, with a thin head and some lace. Lite body. Cheap price might indicate the less ingredients used to make this.

3.25/5  rDev +16.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Grabbed as a tall boy from wal-mart while out shopping. $1.26 for 24oz.

Look - Clear straw golden with a frothy white head that stacks high and leaves a heavy amount of lacing.

Smell - Graham cracker with the typical adjunct level. Touches of grape.

Taste - Grape levels since it's world brews exactly as I had anticipated. The adjuncts are all available and expected but the grape are more true instead of chokingly goofy.

Feel - lower level of medium body with a high level of carbonation.

Overall - Well for just shy of $15 a 24 pack I'd say this is a pretty good bargain. Nothing special but easy going.

3.34/5  rDev +19.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Light, ginger ale color with quickly disappearing white cap.

Aroma primarily one of sweet grain, a clean scent if not memorable.

More flavor than I usually get from light AALs and I mean that as a complement. When compared to others of the style this one comes off rather well. Flavor is less sweet than the scent implies and the clean finish carries no negative notes in the aftertaste.

Medium texture and higher than average carbonation.

3.9 % ABV and not enough IBUs to count make this one an easy drinker ringing up a resounding 96 calories in a 16 oz package.

3.42/5  rDev +22.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Not a bad beer at all . You already know this is corn water if you know beers at all but there are no offensive flavors .

Just plain beer but cheap and not nasty .

Will buy again for a cheap beer to drink with friends.

2.93/5  rDev +5%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

I have reached the point in my life where a low price is worth more than being cool. As in, Social Security COLA for me was $4 a month this year. That being said, THIS is my new beer.

The ABV is 3.9, which is great as a session beer. Works for me. And a 16 oz can ($4.46 a 6-pack at Walmart) is only 96 calories. This is certainly NOT my son's kind of beer; he is an aficionado of Dog Fish Head, Elysian, Rogue, etc. But it's great for those of us who cut our teeth on Bohemian and Heidelberg. Just a cheap beer that tastes ok and doesn't get you wasted at 3 bottles, er, I mean cans in this case =).

This is a average color light beer with active carbonation, what little head there was went away fairly quick after drinking. There is no lacing left on the glass. I do not care for light beer as a style, but this one of the better one, and worth a try.

2.43/5  rDev -12.9%

I bought a 24-pack of Rockdale Light today at the Grocery Outlet in Oakland for $7,99, which is the cheapest price per can I've seen in these parts since 2015. It's thin and very low on flavor, but what little flavor it has is not unpleasant. Ice cold, it would make an excellent summer work beer, as its lack of body and flavor and probable low alcohol content would make it very refreshing.

3.1/5  rDev +11.1%

12 FL. OZ. can
Served in a pint glass

This beer pours pale yellow and clear. It is topped with two inches of white head that disappears fairly quickly leaving little trace behind.

It has a sweet, corn aroma with no hint of hops.

It has a sweet, grain and vegetal flavor with a dry finish.

Thin and watery mouthfeel

It has a little more taste than most light beers. The dry finish is clean. I guess it is okay if you want some cheap, generic light lager. I am not a light beer drinker not was I when I drank adjunct lagers.

3.13/5  rDev +12.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Served in a fancy glass.

Pours a pale straw color with piss tints. Head is impressive, 3 fingers and sticks around awhile before disappearing completely.

Aromas of stale grain, some hop, little else.

Flavors of lightly toasted bread, some strawberry top fruitiness, and lightly roasted (Amber?) grains. Not baaaad.

Feel is fresh and quenching, refreshing.

Quintessential backyard beer. Cheap at $11.46/24 pack, tastes good, and has an astounding 83 calories. Better than lots of light beer options including the big wigs - Bud Light, Coors Light, Michelon Golden, and may be on par with Miller Lite. Could even be rebranded? Way better than Select 55 and MGD 64. Sacrifice the extra 19 calories and save $8 and go with this beer if you're calorie conscious. Totally surprised.

2.64/5  rDev -5.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Rockdale Light has a thick, crackly, white head, a clear, bubbly, pale straw appearance, and minimal lacing left behind. The aroma is of pale grains and sweet bread, and the flavor is of those elements, with no noticeable bitterness. Mouthfeel is very light, and Rockdale Light finishes crisp and refreshing.

RJT

2.13/5  rDev -23.7%

I enjoy the light beers and think they taste pretty good. Coors, Bud, and Miller light. Sso I picked up this one thinking it could go in my rotation of light beer. This beer is easy to drink and was cheap, but that's the extant of it's good qualities. There is almost no taste to it at all, I've tried the bud 55 and mgd 64 and those had more taste than this beer. It beats some of the more foul 'frat' beers, because some of them have unique aftertastes and this one has no aftertaste, but I wouldn't pick this one up if you're just going to enjoy a beer or two. It's a get drunk type of beer..

2.24/5  rDev -19.7%

As far as I know, this is Walmart's exclusive house beer, meaning there's a good chance it's just a 're-brand of one of the big names. Well, it's light beer. Tastes on-par with the "good" light beers, and actually beats the crappier ones. I'd buy this cheap 24-pack over Busch and Keystone any day.

Rockdale Light from World Brews