Big Flats 1901 | World Brews

Big Flats 1901Big Flats 1901

World Brews
wineryexchange.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Brewed by Hop House Brews, La Crosse. WI and Rochester, NY for Walgreens Drug Stores.

Added by alcstradamus on 12-11-2010

2.6

1.75/5  rDev -32.7%

2.38/5  rDev -8.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

The walgreens beer.

Pours a clear yellow like most beers of the style. Has a bit more color than many of its like. Decent soda like white fizzy head that falls fast. Smells like cereal, corn, and rice. Has a slight sweetness to the nose. Tastes like it smells. Very bland corn, cereal, and rice, with a sweetness to it. Very thin body.

This is much better than any bud light or miller light, and is half the price. One of my cheap choices. Comparable to budweiser or Pabst but nothing special. Best part of this beer is the price.

3.22/5  rDev +23.8%

Approx. $3.00 for a six-pack at Walgreens, ice cold from Walgreens' high-tech beverage rack.

Looks good, looks like it might be kind of tasty and might give me a good buzz.

Smells OK -- kind of like Old Milwaukee.

Tastes OK -- kind of like Old Milwaukee, with a slighly sour aftertaste.

Medium-low carbonation.

Overall, really OK, especially given the mind-blowing low price. Don't let the budget pricetag fool you -- Big Flats 1901 is a decent adjunct lager.

2.62/5  rDev +0.8%

Okay, yeah, I got this at Walgreens because it is cheap and I'm trying to pay off my credit card bills for the springtime so I can run them up again in the summer. So I'm drinking Big Flats. Ain't life grand?

Seriously pale yellow pee color. Big white 'blink and you'll miss it' head. Sweet, mellow corn malt nose. Taste is what you think it is; bland, blah, and belch.

For what it is, it is fine. None of the Coors Light face melting tastelessness, the High Life sawdust in the mouth the next morning, or Colt .45 touch of throwup in the mouth with every sip. Just bland, yellow, cheap, and a slight tiring buzz. Looking forward to mowing some lawns with this in the summer.

2.38/5  rDev -8.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Bought a six-pack of these at Walgreens so I could send a CAN to WoodyChandler for his CANquest. I CAN dig it! Saw the other 5 CANs lying around my parent’s house and promptly through one in the freezer so I could tear into it as soon as possible. The CAN tells me, “It’s the water that makes it.” We shall see about that… Served from CAN into a RJ Rockers shaker. Poured pale straw yellow with a half finger pure white fizzy sounding head that subsided to nothing fairly quickly. There was no lacing evident throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, grain, corn, wheat, and broken dreams. The flavor was of sweet malt, fruit, corn, wheat, and water. It had a light feel on the palate with medium-high carbonation. Overall this was not a very good brew. The aroma on this one was pretty sharp, but not in a good way. I smelled it upon cracking open the CAN and knew what I was getting myself into, but continued anyways. I should have listened to my nose. Imagine if you were to drink a Bud/Miller Lite (yeah, they don’t know how to brew good beer nor spell correctly) only it has more of a corn presence than the others. The flavor is a little bit better than the aroma, but I wouldn’t make this a go-to in a pinch brew. While this was retardedly cheap, I would rather get a job so I can at least afford some malt liquor if I were to get this desperate for a drink. Save your money on this one, all $3 of it for the 6-pack. Your palate will thank me…

2.87/5  rDev +10.4%

Appearance: This beer pours a light yellow color with a clean white head. Head retention is limited which is not uncommon for the style.

Smell: A clean fresh smell which is surprising given the price..

Taste: A little sweet with just a touch of bitterness.

Mouthfeel: A little watery but considering the price and the style it is OK.

Overall: A good solid beer for a college student or anyone in short of funds.

All in all I was impressed. I think it is funny the number of reviews that place the blame for buying this beer on some relative or friend who “knows nothing about beer”. I bought this knowing that I was buying a adjunct American lager.

Big Flats 1901 from World Brews