DieselPunk IPA | World Brews

wineryexchange.com

Style: American IPA

Added by tdm168 on 04-23-2013

4.4/5  rDev +49.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

this was a smooth and very good to me.

3.77/5  rDev +28.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I never expect much out of some of these exclusive Kroger brands that show up, I'm pleasantly surprised by this can and the canned 16 ounce pounder cans of the porter as well. First of the appearance is great it looks like a craft brewed IPA the can protects these beers from the light decently very fresh zesty hops come out in the nose. The amber body has a slightly off white head forming thick smells of cluster hops with citrus and which already beats most beers they have offered over the years. Flavor is hoppy in a hop pellet sort of way, but it's approachable and drinkable for all beer drinkers out there. Mouthfeel is light to medium bodied but really flows nicely with a even flowing carbonation. I'm quite impressed that there is enough flavor to keep me interested and it's approachable for all beer drinker's alike.

3.77/5  rDev +28.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I rated this beer a little high based on its appearance and taste.

3.65/5  rDev +24.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.6/5  rDev +22.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A: Pours a coppery orange color from a tall-boy can...thick, fairly tall (thanks to a somewhat overly aggressive pour) white-ish head with some decent lacing on the glass.

S: Citrus hops and pine up front with a sweet maltiness that follows...not much else going on, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

T: Piney, citrusy hops that are balanced well with some bready, sweet malts...nothing overpowers, very well balanced...

M: Medium bodied (at best) with a decent amount of carbonation...slight piney bitterness hangs on the palate, ever so briefly.

O: As a hop head, this beer, for my personal tastes, leaves something to be desired. Don't get me wrong, by no means is this a 'bad' beer. In fact, it's pretty damn good, but I found myself wanting just a little more hoppiness with every sip. The artwork alone makes this an interesting brew, definitely would recommend it, but just try and remind yourself that simplicity, when done well, can be very good. Cheers!

3.56/5  rDev +21.1%

3.52/5  rDev +19.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.51/5  rDev +19.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.5/5  rDev +19%

I'll will not bore the readers of this site with the little I do know about tasting a good beer, but I have to say that this is my favorite I.P.A so far. Am I crazy to note a hint of mint in this beer?

DieselPunk IPA from World Brews