Christmas Ale | Breckenridge Brewery

good
good
Read the review
Christmas AleChristmas Ale

Breckenridge Brewery
Colorado, United States
breckbrew.com

Style: Winter Warmer

The chill of a Colorado high-country winter calls for a beer with extra flavor and strength. Here it is. At over 7% alcohol, with a sturdy texture and rich flavors of caramel and chocolate, our holiday seasonal is the fermented equivalent of a good fire.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 04-28-2002

3.5
14%

Ratings: 1,081 |  Reviews: 418

4.5/5  rDev +28.6%

4.15/5  rDev +18.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Served from a 12oz bottle into a standard pint. Was super excited to see this reach me as I really enjoyed their Vanilla Porter a while back. Also, if I may say, give this bottle, the vanilla porter and a glance at their other labels... I LOVE their bottle aesthetic. Someone in design deserves a nice Christmas bonus.

Appearance: Very dark amber color. Borderline black in my current lighting. Not much of a head. Head was cream colored and pleasant.

Smell: Not too strong, but this traveled quite a bit. Sweet, kind of fruity, kind of malty. Almost... figgy?

Taste: Very sweet and inviting, almost too sweet. Almost exactly how I like a Winter Warmer. Maintains that almost figgy taste I thought it would have given the smell. I sense some apple or pear-like flavor too? Its got a nice mix of Christmas-y spices, can't quite pin all of them down. A nice malty brew.

Mouthfeel: Nice carbonation, not too heavy, a little sticky. The only complaint here is that I'd like more of wherever the head came from!

I thought this was pretty much how I like the style. Really liked this beer. Hope more Breckenridge beers make it out to Philly area.

3.91/5  rDev +11.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

2.5/5  rDev -28.6%

Photo of
4.5/5  rDev +28.6%

You had this beer. Write a review.

4.75/5  rDev +35.7%