Agave Wheat | Breckenridge Brewery

Breckenridge Brewery
Colorado, United States
breckbrew.com

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

Agave complements the refreshingly light quality of our wheat and adds a subtle note of flavor that expands this beer’s uplifting taste profile. It is familiar, yet creative.

Added by tgbljb on 01-24-2008

Ratings: 1,064 |  Reviews: 257

2.25/5  rDev -33.6%

2.75/5  rDev -18.9%

3.75/5  rDev +10.6%

3.75/5  rDev +10.6%

2.5/5  rDev -26.3%

4.6/5  rDev +35.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Seriously underrated beer. Not as exclusive or snobby as most, but worth a much better rating. One of the better summer/outdoor/wish I was in Colorado beers.

3.37/5  rDev -0.6%

The CANQuest (TM) is currently in Denver, CO to visit Ma Petite Abeille AKA The Old Lady. What a doll! She is about my age (I do not think that she wants me revealing her actual age), but she has the body of someone half of her age. I have been scouring her house for either a secret fountain in the backyard or a painting of her as a wrinkled, wizened old women, but to no avail on both counts. She is also tough as nails and fits the mold perfectly as a biker babe, although both of us are of the life, not in the life.

From the CAN: "Unfiltered Wheat Ale Brewed With Agave Nectar"

We were sitting in The Sandbox in her backyard as further proof that The CANQuest (TM) CAN take place anywhere at any time. The Crack revealed yet another brimful craft CAN. Before I could initiate the Glug, The Old Lady looked over and exclaimed, "Oooh, I've never had it in the CAN!" ROFLMAO! Not wanting to waste another second, I got the Glug going and then really gave it to her. Color was an extremely cloudy golden-yellow, near pineapple juice, with a turbidity like river water. SRM = 6. Nose had a soft mandarin orange scent. Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium with a nice orangish flavor in the mouth. Finish was semi-sweet, still orangish and really much better than I have ever had this beer either in a bottle or on-draft. Score one for the CANs!

Agave Wheat from Breckenridge Brewery