RyePA | Sonoma Springs Brewing Co.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Sonoma Springs Brewing Co.
sonomaspringsbrewing.com

Style: Rye Beer

Added by mjl21 on 01-31-2010

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
4.16/5  rDev n/a

On tap at Mondo in Sonoma. Poured into a pint glass. Comes in at 5.9%.

A-When I was presented the pint glass the only description I could use was turkey gravy with a thin off white film. Apparently a lot of their kegs result in heavily unfiltered pours. I will be fair and give it a 3 until I try this he way the brewers' intended.

S-While it doesn't look the prettiest, it has a great nose. Lots of pine and dank aromas let you know there is a nice amount of hops. There is also toasted pale malt. I am not getting too much of the rye.

T-The taste follows the nose. The pine hops are upfront along with some lemon citrus. They use a Belgian yeast strain in this beer and it is noticeable, but not overly dominant. It has a nice spicy rye finish and a nice shot of bitterness.

M-Medium bodied and nicely carbonated.

D-A really good rye pale ale. It has a low enough abv to make it quite sessionable.

This was my first beer from this brewery. I need to go check out their location in Sonoma and try some of their other offerings. I also would like to try this beer there and see what it is supposed to look like.

RyePA from Sonoma Springs Brewing Co.