Kirkland Signature Light Beer

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
Reviews: 43 | Ratings: 122
2.43/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

First off I don't like any light beers. I'm a Guinness Stout guy. However, I'll concede there's times when a heavier brew isn't the thirst quencher of choice. Like when the temp soars in the nineties and you would just about drink water as your preferred thirst quencher. That's is a time for light beer and this ones is about as un-offensive as it gets. It reminds me of Keystone for those times....at an even better price. It's really light tasting. Not too much adjunct taste or hops bitterness. It really quinces a thirst. It's easy to drink period. For a basement priced brew for those who want to quaff it down this stuff rules. I think it gets no love first because of the segment and second because of the price. Really? What are we reviewing here. For the segment it competes in, and at the price it goes for, this is a singularly good product. I know it's like the third or whatever generation of Kirklands offerings in the light beer segment. I think it's good enough that they should settle on this on and offer it indefinitely.

2.6/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

I’ve rated every quality of this low, and yet the overall score is a 3.5. Why? Because for a measly $22, you can get 48 of these bad boys. 48. At least where I live, you’ll pay 21 for 24 coors, an equally shitty beer in my opinion. For its purpose, you won’t find a better deal, and that’s its appeal. Yellow color, hardly any taste, no head, yet $44 will get an entire college party popping. You know what you’re getting, and to the end this is great.

2.68/5  rDev +9.8%

A: Pours a crystal clear pale yellow in color with moderate amounts of active visible carbonation rising quickly from the bottom of the glass and faint pale golden yellow colored highlights. The beer has a finger tall fizzy bright white head that quickly reduces to a small patch of very thin film and a very thin ring at the edges of the glass. Minimal amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Moderate aromas of grainy malts with moderate amounts of corn adjunct sweetness and just a hint of grassy hops.

T: Upfront there are just shy of moderate flavors of grainy malts with moderate amounts of rice + corn adjuncts along with a light amount of corn sweetness. That is followed by very light flavors of grassy hops which contribute a light to moderate amount of lingering bitterness.

M: Light bodied with a moderate amount of carbonation. Crisp.

O: While not a style that I generally seek out, this beer was not offensive like some of the other budget offerings in the style. Easy to drink with a crisp, light mouthfeel and well hidden alcohol. I would not go out of my way to seek this out again but I was pleasant surprised.

Note: This was received in thanks from a total stranger in the Costco parking lot for helping him to load a couple of Adirondack chairs into his vehicle.

1.44/5  rDev -41%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.5

Oof, you have no idea how badly I wanted this beer to be good. At about 40 cents per can I had the highest hopes for this beer to be a crisp and refreshing one. Instead, I am greeted on the nose with an oddly sweet and undeniably moscato-like smell. The taste retains this sweetness, but brings in quite a bit of funk as well. This beer is just too flavorful to be a beer for getting drunk with nothing to enjoy about it in the first place. Very bad beer

2.7/5  rDev +10.7%

When I drink light beer, I usually drink Miller Lite. It's not like it has a great flavor-- it's just what I drink when it goes on sale at Rite Aid for under a buck a can. When I saw this at Costco for .50 a can, I thought I'd give it a shot. Well, it's not really as good as Miller Lite. You know how in restaurants, when you order a soda water, they bring it to you with a slice of lime? This beer tastes exactly like that. A lime citrus taste. It's not unpleasant and is probably really nice on a hot day after hours of back-breaking work. It has the same alcohol content as Miller Lite at half the price, but double the carbs and half the taste.

1.92/5  rDev -21.3%

This is an alright college beer that I wouldn't recommend you buy.

You absolutely cannot beat the price for these, but they taste worse than pretty much any light or ice beer I've ever had.

Stick with PBR.

2.67/5  rDev +9.4%

Well it is Christmas time and travels with family. Figured I needed to try this. Very similar to a Busch light. Where was this in college at $21 for 48 beers!?!?

1.06/5  rDev -56.6%

The alcohol content is lower than any beer I have ever purchased personally but, the most important thing to comment on is the subpar, disgustingly flat taste in this fermented water. The taste or headache isn't quite as bad as Bud Light but it gets close. I just find it disappointing that such a large company would choose such a low grade beer to put their label on. If it was closer in taste to, say, Pabst Blue Ribbon, or even as low as Coors Light, I'd give 5 stars across board but it's not even close. On the plus side, the price for the quantity is unbeatable and I will most likely continue to purchase this beer and it's hangovers because of this, as well as how good the company treats its customers.

2.03/5  rDev -16.8%

This is my favorite light lager. It has a mildly enjoyable caramel flavor but no head retention, smell, or real body. Regardless of price point, it's better than Bud Light, Coors Light, etc. Considering the price point, WOW! My buddy and I went to Costco the other day and saw these. $9.97 for 48. Yep, we did a double take too, and then we bought three. What a deal.

2.71/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Clear pale golden color with a head that disappears instantly. Tastes of sweet malt and nothing else. Actually not terrible for the type, but not anything I'd drink again.

4.32/5  rDev +77%

Honestly guys, I just had this beer for the first time and I love it. I'm going to pour it in a glass for my friend on super bowl Sunday, he only drinks bud light. I'm anxious to see what he thinks. When comparing it to other light beers, it beats the usuals like keystone, miller, coors light, ultra, etc. I'm usually a cold bud light or just above freezing pabst guy when I just finished a day of hard labor in the heat of Arizona. Let me say this, $22 for 48 beers and have it taste good to boot? I'm definitely adding this beer to the rotation. Craft guys will not be able to appreciate this beer...don't waste your time if you like high priced light beer. This beer serves a purpose and is a great value.

2.41/5  rDev -1.2%

12oz can, best before 04/26/17, served in a shaker pint glass.

Appearance: Clear pale straw color. Initial thin white head died back to nothing. No head remaining, no lacing.

Smell: Very little smell. A bit of cooked veggie with a deep inhale.

Taste: Grainy, hint of mineral, light bitterness.

Mouthfeel: Fizzy, thin.

Overall / Drinkability: Not good. I could have finished it but really didn't want to so I didn't since life is too short for bad beer. This one was not off in any way, just not well crafted. Maybe with the right food I could have finished it, but by itself there is just nothing to it worth really enjoying.

3.4/5  rDev +39.3%

Made me look and smell GREAT for 3 days straight. My fiance says I didn't taste so good so I had to give a 1. Feelings......oh the feelings were just unreal. Overall it's nothing short of a PHENOMENAL product. I have 2 JOEs that would agree. Def going to win some awards....I mean the gas exchange after 7 days post drinking are worthy of awards.....def not the beer!

2.92/5  rDev +19.7%

12 oz. can:

Pours clear bright straw yellow. A thin white head descends to a ring leaving little lacing.

The smell is faint grain with a touch of husk. Clean.

The taste is of a typical cheap light adjunct lager, though there is a touch of soap mixed in. A bit of an odd aftertaste, which fortunately doesn't last.

It is fizzy and light, but no more than typical for the style.

It's pretty much a run-of-the-mill generic light cheap lager. Fortunately, I didn't pay for it. Got a couple of cans for free from a neighbor. It's not terrible, but not good either,

2.47/5  rDev +1.2%

This beer is exactly what's it's suppose to be. It's a light beer that outcompetes all other light beers in pricing that taste similar. Kirkland has succeeded .

3.4/5  rDev +39.3%

All about Quantity, not quality. 48 beers for less for $22 = Less than .50 a beer. I would choose this over any of the other light beers produced by the mega breweries. Perfect beer after cutting the grass in the hot steamy Florida summer. If you are even a boarderline beer snob dont bother. But if you need alot of beer or just want to stock the fridge give it a shot.

2.27/5  rDev -7%

Usually Kirkland alcohol is good. This is not. It tastes like they left hops and other important ingredients out. This will be going back to Costco.

I don't really care for the taste, but at least it has a taste to it. Most light beers have virtually no taste, so Kirkland comes on on top of them by default. Are there any good light or low alcohol beers that will satisfy someone who likes quality beer?

2.94/5  rDev +20.5%

Tastes better than bud light, is as light as coors light. It does it's intended purpose, which can agree this is one of those stock beers for when you are needing quantity not quality. Definitely a camping beer, hands down. Float with this one, K-light will help you out.

2.41/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

Poured from a 12 ounce can into a rocks glass.
2/2.75/2.5/2.25/2
Light head fades fast. Clear white yellow.
Candy sugars and raw corn syrup. Actually kind of fruity. Not awful, but foreboding.
Actually inoffensive. Fizzy and sweet and malty, but not sticky. Virtually no flavor, no bitterness, just a mild corn sweetness. Analogous to other ultra budget light beers, but perhaps a shade less offensive.
I would never want a whole one, but maybe you will.

2.1/5  rDev -13.9%

Ahem----enjoyed from the 12 oz can in a snifter (just to give it some "class"). This was a 4 can "gift" from a feller at work who bought the 48 can pack and he happily gave me a "taste" of the worst beer he has had.

I will try and do it justice---ummm---Thanks Kevin----I think.

This fizzy thing pours a clear urine specimen with a big bubbled head that quickly subsides to a thin wispy pool and a delicate spotty ring. Nose of sweet corn, and some herbal notes....little else. Flavors far exceed the nose with sweet corn, light notes of some hard water, and some subtle grain notes. Mouth feel excites with full on carbonation akin to seltzer water with as much character and a clean finish....which leaves me wondering if the company is lying about the ABV with it's vast and deep watery finish. If I had a rebel flag and a 12 gauge I would shoot the remainder that I could not drink in one sitting, which would cost more in bullets than this fine beverage in it's 48 can state is worth. Overall, it is a light, highly carbonated, gaseous experience made for bad barbecue and UN-kosher hot dogs with cost cutter mustard. A fantastic experience I shall never forget.

Burp---cheers!

L: Very clear straw colored, a very thin fizzy head, that lasts less than a minute, no lacing on the glass a lot of carbonation bubbles.

S: Slight grain, corn and some slight apple, a very small mineral aroma near the end.

T: Very little there mostly grain, no bitterness, a hint of apple, very little flavor at all.

F: Light, clean and very easy drinking, high carbonation

O: This is your average light beer with very little flavor, if lights beers are your thing go for it, but other than I don't recommend it.

HIPSTERS BEWARE! This is a generic lager equivalent to Keystone Light , Busch Light or Milwaukee's Best Light. If you are looking for notes of honeysuckle fairy wings and notes of oak from an endangered forest...you chose the wrong beer, you paid $22 for 48 beers...get drunk and get over yourself.

1.85/5  rDev -24.2%

Had to try this out of curiosity. Pours clear yellow and fizzy. Head dissipates quickly to nothing. Very little carbonation. What little smell and taste that is present is mainly grainy but weak. This beer is a disappointment even by the standard of a cheap domestic light. The main problem is too little carbonation, like drinking a flat beer. The second problem is the flavor is too weak. I prefer some grainy flavor in my cheap domestics and there is not enough here. This is not a beer to be poured into a glass and examined. Drink it as cold as possible out of the can as quick as possible. There are better options for a stock, lawnmower or lake type beer.

4.94/5  rDev +102.5%

Had to switch to lite beers ( Dr's orders ) . I have had many lite beers. I drink beer daily. I only see lite beer as "watered down" beers.

Today I grabbed a 48 pack of this beer. It is not bad at all. Other lite beers gave me the full feeling without the buzz. This one did not. I drank it out of the can so I can not comment on head and color.

Overall I am satisfied with most of Kirkland products. Some just can not compete but this one is truly awesome. Has it's own flavor, taste and style.

I will buy again. Tonight is my first night tying it. If I feel differently about it down the road, I will update this post or post a new post.

3.42/5  rDev +40.2%

@ - piss yellow, no head
S - corn. Tangy grain. But not off putting.
T - same as smell.
M - light. Aftertaste pretty much non existent. Alcohol completely covered.
O - exactly what it's supposed to be.

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
Kirkland Signature Light Beer from Kirkland Signature / Costco Wholesale Corporation
Beer rating: 63 out of 100 with 122 ratings