Kirkland Signature Light Beer | Kirkland Signature / Costco Wholesale Corporation

Kirkland Signature Light BeerKirkland Signature Light Beer

Washington, United States

Style: Light Lager

Added by For_those_near_death on 09-21-2014

View: Beers

Tastes like battery acid.

1.72/5  rDev -31.5%

2.43/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

First off I don't like any light beers. I'm a Guinness Stout guy. However, I'll concede there's times when a heavier brew isn't the thirst quencher of choice. Like when the temp soars in the nineties and you would just about drink water as your preferred thirst quencher. That's is a time for light beer and this ones is about as un-offensive as it gets. It reminds me of Keystone for those times....at an even better price. It's really light tasting. Not too much adjunct taste or hops bitterness. It really quinces a thirst. It's easy to drink period. For a basement priced brew for those who want to quaff it down this stuff rules. I think it gets no love first because of the segment and second because of the price. Really? What are we reviewing here. For the segment it competes in, and at the price it goes for, this is a singularly good product. I know it's like the third or whatever generation of Kirklands offerings in the light beer segment. I think it's good enough that they should settle on this on and offer it indefinitely.

3.21/5  rDev +27.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

2.12/5  rDev -15.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

2.6/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

I’ve rated every quality of this low, and yet the overall score is a 3.5. Why? Because for a measly $22, you can get 48 of these bad boys. 48. At least where I live, you’ll pay 21 for 24 coors, an equally shitty beer in my opinion. For its purpose, you won’t find a better deal, and that’s its appeal. Yellow color, hardly any taste, no head, yet $44 will get an entire college party popping. You know what you’re getting, and to the end this is great.

1.18/5  rDev -53%

it was water, not beer, it is a shame they even put the word beer on the can.

2.68/5  rDev +6.8%

A: Pours a crystal clear pale yellow in color with moderate amounts of active visible carbonation rising quickly from the bottom of the glass and faint pale golden yellow colored highlights. The beer has a finger tall fizzy bright white head that quickly reduces to a small patch of very thin film and a very thin ring at the edges of the glass. Minimal amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Moderate aromas of grainy malts with moderate amounts of corn adjunct sweetness and just a hint of grassy hops.

T: Upfront there are just shy of moderate flavors of grainy malts with moderate amounts of rice + corn adjuncts along with a light amount of corn sweetness. That is followed by very light flavors of grassy hops which contribute a light to moderate amount of lingering bitterness.

M: Light bodied with a moderate amount of carbonation. Crisp.

O: While not a style that I generally seek out, this beer was not offensive like some of the other budget offerings in the style. Easy to drink with a crisp, light mouthfeel and well hidden alcohol. I would not go out of my way to seek this out again but I was pleasant surprised.

Note: This was received in thanks from a total stranger in the Costco parking lot for helping him to load a couple of Adirondack chairs into his vehicle.

2.02/5  rDev -19.5%

1.44/5  rDev -42.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.5

Oof, you have no idea how badly I wanted this beer to be good. At about 40 cents per can I had the highest hopes for this beer to be a crisp and refreshing one. Instead, I am greeted on the nose with an oddly sweet and undeniably moscato-like smell. The taste retains this sweetness, but brings in quite a bit of funk as well. This beer is just too flavorful to be a beer for getting drunk with nothing to enjoy about it in the first place. Very bad beer

2.7/5  rDev +7.6%

When I drink light beer, I usually drink Miller Lite. It's not like it has a great flavor-- it's just what I drink when it goes on sale at Rite Aid for under a buck a can. When I saw this at Costco for .50 a can, I thought I'd give it a shot. Well, it's not really as good as Miller Lite. You know how in restaurants, when you order a soda water, they bring it to you with a slice of lime? This beer tastes exactly like that. A lime citrus taste. It's not unpleasant and is probably really nice on a hot day after hours of back-breaking work. It has the same alcohol content as Miller Lite at half the price, but double the carbs and half the taste.

1.92/5  rDev -23.5%

This is an alright college beer that I wouldn't recommend you buy.

You absolutely cannot beat the price for these, but they taste worse than pretty much any light or ice beer I've ever had.

Stick with PBR.

12/31/17 can

2.67/5  rDev +6.4%

Well it is Christmas time and travels with family. Figured I needed to try this. Very similar to a Busch light. Where was this in college at $21 for 48 beers!?!?

1.75/5  rDev -30.3%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.06/5  rDev -57.8%

The alcohol content is lower than any beer I have ever purchased personally but, the most important thing to comment on is the subpar, disgustingly flat taste in this fermented water. The taste or headache isn't quite as bad as Bud Light but it gets close. I just find it disappointing that such a large company would choose such a low grade beer to put their label on. If it was closer in taste to, say, Pabst Blue Ribbon, or even as low as Coors Light, I'd give 5 stars across board but it's not even close. On the plus side, the price for the quantity is unbeatable and I will most likely continue to purchase this beer and it's hangovers because of this, as well as how good the company treats its customers.

2.03/5  rDev -19.1%

This is my favorite light lager. It has a mildly enjoyable caramel flavor but no head retention, smell, or real body. Regardless of price point, it's better than Bud Light, Coors Light, etc. Considering the price point, WOW! My buddy and I went to Costco the other day and saw these. $9.97 for 48. Yep, we did a double take too, and then we bought three. What a deal.

1.65/5  rDev -34.3%

This is the second try. It said new taste and while it is less fruity it is even more watered down. Very poor. I’m sad I have 47 more.

2.5/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I can't believe im drinking this. I must go wash and rinse now.

2.37/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 2.5

2.49/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

2.71/5  rDev +8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Clear pale golden color with a head that disappears instantly. Tastes of sweet malt and nothing else. Actually not terrible for the type, but not anything I'd drink again.

2.62/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

3.27/5  rDev +30.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

1.05/5  rDev -58.2%

Kirkland Signature Light Beer from Kirkland Signature / Costco Wholesale Corporation