Light Beer

Poor
Light BeerLight Beer
Notes: None
View: More Beers
Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.

Rated: 2.73 by Furlinator from California

Jan 01, 2022

Rated: 2 by JimboBrews54 from Michigan

Aug 22, 2019
Rated by carrcolind from District of Columbia

Tastes like battery acid.
Aug 10, 2018

Rated: 1.72 by NorthernLightsMN from Minnesota

Jun 20, 2018
Reviewed by AudioFileZ from Alabama

2.43/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5
First off I don't like any light beers. I'm a Guinness Stout guy. However, I'll concede there's times when a heavier brew isn't the thirst quencher of choice. Like when the temp soars in the nineties and you would just about drink water as your preferred thirst quencher. That's is a time for light beer and this ones is about as un-offensive as it gets. It reminds me of Keystone for those times....at an even better price. It's really light tasting. Not too much adjunct taste or hops bitterness. It really quinces a thirst. It's easy to drink period. For a basement priced brew for those who want to quaff it down this stuff rules. I think it gets no love first because of the segment and second because of the price. Really? What are we reviewing here. For the segment it competes in, and at the price it goes for, this is a singularly good product. I know it's like the third or whatever generation of Kirklands offerings in the light beer segment. I think it's good enough that they should settle on this on and offer it indefinitely.
May 28, 2018

Rated: 3.21 by Reverend-Nolan from Virginia

May 28, 2018

Rated: 2.12 by DigitGrowler from Kentucky

May 22, 2018
Reviewed by HotOpinions from Tennessee

2.6/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5
I’ve rated every quality of this low, and yet the overall score is a 3.5. Why? Because for a measly $22, you can get 48 of these bad boys. 48. At least where I live, you’ll pay 21 for 24 coors, an equally shitty beer in my opinion. For its purpose, you won’t find a better deal, and that’s its appeal. Yellow color, hardly any taste, no head, yet $44 will get an entire college party popping. You know what you’re getting, and to the end this is great.
Apr 27, 2018
Rated by edmulv from North Carolina

1.18/5  rDev -53%
it was water, not beer, it is a shame they even put the word beer on the can.
Apr 24, 2018
Reviewed by dbrauneis from North Carolina

2.68/5  rDev +6.8%
A: Pours a crystal clear pale yellow in color with moderate amounts of active visible carbonation rising quickly from the bottom of the glass and faint pale golden yellow colored highlights. The beer has a finger tall fizzy bright white head that quickly reduces to a small patch of very thin film and a very thin ring at the edges of the glass. Minimal amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Moderate aromas of grainy malts with moderate amounts of corn adjunct sweetness and just a hint of grassy hops.

T: Upfront there are just shy of moderate flavors of grainy malts with moderate amounts of rice + corn adjuncts along with a light amount of corn sweetness. That is followed by very light flavors of grassy hops which contribute a light to moderate amount of lingering bitterness.

M: Light bodied with a moderate amount of carbonation. Crisp.

O: While not a style that I generally seek out, this beer was not offensive like some of the other budget offerings in the style. Easy to drink with a crisp, light mouthfeel and well hidden alcohol. I would not go out of my way to seek this out again but I was pleasant surprised.

Note: This was received in thanks from a total stranger in the Costco parking lot for helping him to load a couple of Adirondack chairs into his vehicle.
Mar 27, 2018

Rated: 2.02 by Rimbimhoot from Illinois

Mar 19, 2018
Reviewed by SB2017 from Iowa

1.44/5  rDev -42.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.5
Oof, you have no idea how badly I wanted this beer to be good. At about 40 cents per can I had the highest hopes for this beer to be a crisp and refreshing one. Instead, I am greeted on the nose with an oddly sweet and undeniably moscato-like smell. The taste retains this sweetness, but brings in quite a bit of funk as well. This beer is just too flavorful to be a beer for getting drunk with nothing to enjoy about it in the first place. Very bad beer
Mar 12, 2018
Reviewed by dimwit_flathead from California

2.7/5  rDev +7.6%
When I drink light beer, I usually drink Miller Lite. It's not like it has a great flavor-- it's just what I drink when it goes on sale at Rite Aid for under a buck a can. When I saw this at Costco for .50 a can, I thought I'd give it a shot. Well, it's not really as good as Miller Lite. You know how in restaurants, when you order a soda water, they bring it to you with a slice of lime? This beer tastes exactly like that. A lime citrus taste. It's not unpleasant and is probably really nice on a hot day after hours of back-breaking work. It has the same alcohol content as Miller Lite at half the price, but double the carbs and half the taste.
Feb 20, 2018
Reviewed by labisch from Michigan

1.92/5  rDev -23.5%
This is an alright college beer that I wouldn't recommend you buy.

You absolutely cannot beat the price for these, but they taste worse than pretty much any light or ice beer I've ever had.

Stick with PBR.
Jan 31, 2018
Rated by pathman from Ohio

12/31/17 can
Jan 01, 2018
Reviewed by Muss42 from Michigan

2.67/5  rDev +6.4%
Well it is Christmas time and travels with family. Figured I needed to try this. Very similar to a Busch light. Where was this in college at $21 for 48 beers!?!?
Dec 30, 2017

Rated: 1.75 by JamesKnox from Arizona

Nov 12, 2017
Reviewed by Teo2687 from New Mexico

1.06/5  rDev -57.8%
The alcohol content is lower than any beer I have ever purchased personally but, the most important thing to comment on is the subpar, disgustingly flat taste in this fermented water. The taste or headache isn't quite as bad as Bud Light but it gets close. I just find it disappointing that such a large company would choose such a low grade beer to put their label on. If it was closer in taste to, say, Pabst Blue Ribbon, or even as low as Coors Light, I'd give 5 stars across board but it's not even close. On the plus side, the price for the quantity is unbeatable and I will most likely continue to purchase this beer and it's hangovers because of this, as well as how good the company treats its customers.
Oct 30, 2017
Reviewed by dannispel from Minnesota

2.03/5  rDev -19.1%
This is my favorite light lager. It has a mildly enjoyable caramel flavor but no head retention, smell, or real body. Regardless of price point, it's better than Bud Light, Coors Light, etc. Considering the price point, WOW! My buddy and I went to Costco the other day and saw these. $9.97 for 48. Yep, we did a double take too, and then we bought three. What a deal.
Oct 25, 2017
Rated by Coryclay from Florida

1.65/5  rDev -34.3%
This is the second try. It said new taste and while it is less fruity it is even more watered down. Very poor. I’m sad I have 47 more.
Oct 21, 2017
Rated by craigbelly from Iowa

2.5/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5
I can't believe im drinking this. I must go wash and rinse now.
Sep 30, 2017

Rated: 2.37 by ryanduke from North Carolina

May 22, 2017

Rated: 2.49 by godawgs from Louisiana

May 10, 2017
Reviewed by andrewh995 from Arizona

2.71/5  rDev +8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75
Clear pale golden color with a head that disappears instantly. Tastes of sweet malt and nothing else. Actually not terrible for the type, but not anything I'd drink again.
Apr 23, 2017

Rated: 1.05 by handyandy from Ohio

Feb 04, 2017
Reviewed by bigmac11 from Arizona

4.32/5  rDev +72.1%
Honestly guys, I just had this beer for the first time and I love it. I'm going to pour it in a glass for my friend on super bowl Sunday, he only drinks bud light. I'm anxious to see what he thinks. When comparing it to other light beers, it beats the usuals like keystone, miller, coors light, ultra, etc. I'm usually a cold bud light or just above freezing pabst guy when I just finished a day of hard labor in the heat of Arizona. Let me say this, $22 for 48 beers and have it taste good to boot? I'm definitely adding this beer to the rotation. Craft guys will not be able to appreciate this beer...don't waste your time if you like high priced light beer. This beer serves a purpose and is a great value.
Jan 31, 2017

Rated: 1.88 by Asics from Washington

Dec 13, 2016
Reviewed by damndirtyape from Ohio

2.41/5  rDev -4%
12oz can, best before 04/26/17, served in a shaker pint glass.

Appearance: Clear pale straw color. Initial thin white head died back to nothing. No head remaining, no lacing.

Smell: Very little smell. A bit of cooked veggie with a deep inhale.

Taste: Grainy, hint of mineral, light bitterness.

Mouthfeel: Fizzy, thin.

Overall / Drinkability: Not good. I could have finished it but really didn't want to so I didn't since life is too short for bad beer. This one was not off in any way, just not well crafted. Maybe with the right food I could have finished it, but by itself there is just nothing to it worth really enjoying.
Dec 12, 2016

Rated: 2.2 by Brittian from Oregon

Nov 08, 2016
Reviewed by nikhilsaini101 from Massachusetts

3.4/5  rDev +35.5%
Made me look and smell GREAT for 3 days straight. My fiance says I didn't taste so good so I had to give a 1. Feelings......oh the feelings were just unreal. Overall it's nothing short of a PHENOMENAL product. I have 2 JOEs that would agree. Def going to win some awards....I mean the gas exchange after 7 days post drinking are worthy of awards.....def not the beer!
Oct 20, 2016
Reviewed by jwc215 from Arizona

2.92/5  rDev +16.3%
12 oz. can:

Pours clear bright straw yellow. A thin white head descends to a ring leaving little lacing.

The smell is faint grain with a touch of husk. Clean.

The taste is of a typical cheap light adjunct lager, though there is a touch of soap mixed in. A bit of an odd aftertaste, which fortunately doesn't last.

It is fizzy and light, but no more than typical for the style.

It's pretty much a run-of-the-mill generic light cheap lager. Fortunately, I didn't pay for it. Got a couple of cans for free from a neighbor. It's not terrible, but not good either,
Oct 09, 2016
Reviewed by Jmaphet from California

2.47/5  rDev -1.6%
This beer is exactly what's it's suppose to be. It's a light beer that outcompetes all other light beers in pricing that taste similar. Kirkland has succeeded .
Oct 07, 2016

Rated: 2 by crob3888 from California

Sep 18, 2016

Rated: 2.48 by SteveJeremy from Connecticut

Sep 05, 2016
Reviewed by EverydayImGuzzlin from Florida

3.4/5  rDev +35.5%
All about Quantity, not quality. 48 beers for less for $22 = Less than .50 a beer. I would choose this over any of the other light beers produced by the mega breweries. Perfect beer after cutting the grass in the hot steamy Florida summer. If you are even a boarderline beer snob dont bother. But if you need alot of beer or just want to stock the fridge give it a shot.
Aug 05, 2016
Reviewed by Taste_Matters from Missouri

2.27/5  rDev -9.6%
Usually Kirkland alcohol is good. This is not. It tastes like they left hops and other important ingredients out. This will be going back to Costco.

I don't really care for the taste, but at least it has a taste to it. Most light beers have virtually no taste, so Kirkland comes on on top of them by default. Are there any good light or low alcohol beers that will satisfy someone who likes quality beer?
Jul 01, 2016

Rated: 1.85 by sourlinus from Massachusetts

Jun 26, 2016
Reviewed by Aledondt from Iowa

2.94/5  rDev +17.1%
Tastes better than bud light, is as light as coors light. It does it's intended purpose, which can agree this is one of those stock beers for when you are needing quantity not quality. Definitely a camping beer, hands down. Float with this one, K-light will help you out.
Jun 08, 2016