Old Crab | Red Brick Station

Alströms:

Reviews by wiscokid920:
4.25/5  rDev +1.4%

3.75/5  rDev -10.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.26/5  rDev +1.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

4.25/5  rDev +1.4%

4.61/5  rDev +10%

I've been to the Red Brick Station many times because I live right around the corner. I also rarely review beers recently because I mostly brew them. But this is the finest beer I've had at the RBS so I decided to go out of my way to give this beer its due. Off tap it was a reddish-amber color like an aged cognac with one finger of khaki/reddish head. The aroma was light, malty-sweet and boozy. The flavors were rich and on-point for the style but also balanced enough to be deceptive. I tasted nice fruit notes (figs and dates in particular), candi sugar, nuts and a long malty finish that coated my tongue. The hop presence was low and the alcohol was well-hidden despite being damn near 10%. The body was medium, the carbonation delicate and the mouthfeel smooth and creamy. I considered this beer a gorgeous example of the style and one that also perfectly suited the old English, Ringwood yeast.

Old Crab from Red Brick Station