Bacon Porter | Six Row Brewing Company

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Six Row Brewing Company
Missouri, United States

Style: American Porter

Well, maybe not the whole hog, but a couple pounds of the belly, anyhow, cured and smoked – what most normal folks call bacon. As most of the carnivorous world can attest, there are few good things that can’t be made better by adding bacon, and we believe beer is no exception. To prove that point, we’re going to fill a fifth of a hogshead with our fine Robust Porter, cook up a small slab of bacon that Baumann’s Fine Meats is preparing just for us, poke a sack of that pig into the cask to soak for a spell.

Added by kemoarps on 06-12-2013

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by kemoarps:
3.57/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I was at the brewery for the, "In Search of Bacon" screening

Poured a medium/dark brown. Small cream head, some lacing.

Thin nose, some roasty malts. Some sweet grain, a little bit of bacon grease

Not as much bacon as I was hoping. Some bitter, some sweet roasty grains, the bitter fades into a salty (bacon) at the finish.

Thin, but tasty. I wanted to love it, but could only bring myself to like it. I was hoping for more bacon, and for just a bigger, bolder, creamier nature from the porter. I haven't had the basic porter yet, but have heard great things about it. Based on that (and just, you know... bacon), i was hoping for more. I liked it, but, honestly, I was hoping for more.

Bacon Porter from Six Row Brewing Company